Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First pork ribs on kettle using 321 snake method.  (Read 2957 times)

walley_eye

• Smokey Joe
First pork ribs on kettle using 321 snake method.
« on: May 22, 2016, 09:33:54 PM »
Did my first set of ribs on my new 22.5 weber master touch using the charcoal snake method with cherry wood chunks.

I was amazed how consistent the temp was throughout most of the cook using the snake. 230 to 270F. The only time it spiked was when I lifted the lid to put the wrapped ribs back on the grill.

I started with the top vent wide open and left it that way the whole cook. Most of the smoke I had the bottom vent wide open too but when it spiked I shut it half.

I used a rub recipe I got from the BBQ pit boys website minus cayenne pepper and and doubled the paprika, garlic and added smoked applewood spice.

We did the 3-2-1 method. Smoked for two hours, foiled with lots of brown sugar and some honey for 1 1/2 hours and then back on the weber for another 1/2 hour. They didn't turn out fall off the bone  likely because we cut short some of the times but they were tender, juicy, smoked and had a nice bark!

The wife likes a different rub than me and not as much on it so the two racks on the left are hers. Both turned out good.

Weber Master Touch smoke.
Weber Q.
Weber Smokey Joe Gold
Sent from my Grizzly 700 somewhere in the Canadian wilderness.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: First pork ribs on kettle using 321 snake method.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 12:52:52 AM »
Those look good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:45:22 AM »
They look good wallet. Fun, wasn't it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 08:13:04 PM »
Great cook!  I also enjoy watching BBQ Pit Boys videos.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 06:49:29 AM »
Excellent cook.  I learned a lot of my grilling from BBQ Pit Boys.  Those guys have me grilling all kinds of stuff I would of never thought of making.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:24:55 AM »
Looks great!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM