Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Reminder to look over ads good....  (Read 1237 times)

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Reminder to look over ads good....
« on: April 26, 2018, 01:10:24 PM »
I have not really been looking for kettles at all as I have absolutely no space to put anymore. Last night however, I found myself with some rare downtime and figured I would check the local boards for kettles for sale. I clicked on one that was advertised as a 22" and immediately realized that this was no 22 but priced like most regular black 22 kettles. I emailed the seller thinking it was most likely gone as it had been posted for 14 days before I saw it. Got a response within 15 minutes saying it was available and asking when I wanted to come see it. Sent the boy over this morning and sure enough, it was a 2009 26er!  ;D 

So, moral to story, be sure to look good at pictures..it is obvious that people sometimes don't know what they have so take a couple of extra minutes to check and you just might stumble across a great deal!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
Re: Reminder to look over ads good....
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:40:42 PM »
Thats how I scored one of my two 26ers for a hell of a price.  Ad said 22. I saw 4 spokes in the triangle and jumped on it.  I've learned to not bother questioning sellers for confirmation on these things.  I lost out on a Sam Adams kettle once.  Saw and ad on letgo for a "black weber" but recognized the number on the box as being a blue Sam Adams.  Rather than just agreeing to buy it I stupidly asked the seller if it might not be black and if it might have a logo on it.  Got back a real nasty response....something to the effect of "WTF is wrong with you moron.....if it was a blue sam adams grill I would've said that".  She would not respond after that and about 2 days later found the exact same grill on ebay in the same neck of the woods as the original seller.  I got it in the end, but should have paid much less for that one. 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 03:37:39 PM »
... I got it in the end, but should have paid much less for that one.

That's when you contact the original seller again to let her know:

1) you bought her grill anyway
2) and gave even more money to the seller who was not an asshat

Karma can work both ways!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 04:41:47 AM »
I always figure, don't educate. They may have another grill to sell.
regards,
Hal

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 06:34:58 AM »
Hal, I may have a mean streak but yer a cynical bastige!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ry3ot67O0
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 12:42:50 PM »

Hal, I may have a mean streak but yer a cynical bastige!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86Ry3ot67O0
Is that a pic from the movie Johnnie Dangerously? If so thank you, made me smile big!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »
I still use the phrase "Fargin corksucking iceholes"...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2018, 07:34:27 AM »
I still use the phrase "Fargin corksucking iceholes"...LOL

Lil: Get this to Johnny on the grapevine. Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tomorrow night. Got it?
Polly: Got it.
Polly: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's brother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin is going to kill Johnny's mother at the Savoy theater tonight, pass it on.
Prisoner: Vermin's mother is going to kill Johnny tonight at the Savoy theater, pass it on.
Prisoner: There's a message an the grapevine, Johnny.
Johnny: "Yeah? What is it?
Prisoner: Johnny and the Mothers are playin' Stompin' at the Savoy in Vermont tonight.
Johnny: Vermin's going to kill my brother at the Savoy theater tonight!
Prisoner: I didn't say that.
Johnny: No, but I know this grapevine.