Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Chicken legs and wings  (Read 1053 times)

irv39

• WKC Brave
Chicken legs and wings
« on: May 03, 2016, 12:33:48 PM »
Cooked legs and wings today, I usally cooked them indirect but this time I thought I would do them direct and since I had some charcoal in the bottom I thought I would just add some more and cook from the bottom vent.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Chicken legs and wings
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »
How did it turn out cooking bone in chicken over just direct heat. I always sear and slide with chicken. Looks like you got a nice crispy skin on them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:16:41 AM »
How did it turn out cooking bone in chicken over just direct heat. I always sear and slide with chicken. Looks like you got a nice crispy skin on them,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Turned out very nice, skin was crispy, was cooking 350 - 375 turned over every 10-15 min.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 03:34:15 AM by irv39 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:24:10 AM »
Hey irv, have you had a chance to compare a direct cook with coals down low vs. an indirect cook with coals up high? I've never used a machine that can vary its vertical heat distance like the Summit Charcoal can, and was wondering what difference it makes in terms of resistance to flare-up for example.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 03:00:30 AM »
Hey irv, have you had a chance to compare a direct cook with coals down low vs. an indirect cook with coals up high? I've never used a machine that can vary its vertical heat distance like the Summit Charcoal can, and was wondering what difference it makes in terms of resistance to flare-up for example.

Never had a flare up, I guess with the chicken about 12 in. from the fire cuts down the chance, haven't used the charcoal baskets yet.