Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score One Weekend...Resto The Next.  (Read 3552 times)

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Score One Weekend...Resto The Next.
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2016, 07:53:03 AM »
Nice scores. I love that plum faux-MT.
Thanks.  [emoji23]Faux-MT[emoji23].  Nothing wrong with "faux" if it looks/works grate.  My faux leather couch works as well as the real leather couch in my living room.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2016, 07:58:03 AM »
Thanks, to all, for the feedback.  I'm glad we have a place where these pieces are appreciated, regardless of rarity/originality/condition.  I'm sure I'm not the only one to have heard, "Grills?  Who collects grills?  Why?"

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

crumbsnatcher

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
@brewtownbeatdown nice pickup and mod!  I also saw that listing and ignored it based on the picture.  It wasn't very far from my house too.  I like the mods you did to the plum.  I assume you had to drill into the lid for the therm probe?

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2016, 12:28:47 PM »
@brewtownbeatdown nice pickup and mod!  I also saw that listing and ignored it based on the picture.  It wasn't very far from my house too.  I like the mods you did to the plum.  I assume you had to drill into the lid for the therm probe?
Thanks.  I learned the lesson, that "you can't judge a book..."  Thankfully @einrej bounced that link my way, posing the question of color.  Yeah, I drilled the lid for the probe.  Was pondering going with a new style lid thermo. Would've had to order thermo & bezel + this style stiffened the handle bracket.  It moved like it had been straightened a few times, so I figured this would solidify it & look period correct.

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2016, 02:25:48 PM »
HOLY CRAP BATMAN - That's a nice weekend!
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2016, 04:31:59 PM »
Both look great. The SJ looks like a different grill.

Nice work on the SJ handle. I've got a "The One, The Only" handle that I'm going to try your sharpie method on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2016, 05:14:31 PM »
Beautiful color!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2016, 04:04:03 AM »