Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ID help  (Read 2057 times)

siege

• Happy Cooker
ID help
« on: April 24, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »
I have been wanting a Weber kettle for a while, and came across one on Facebook today for a very reasonable price. From the picture, it appears to have a handle attached to the upper part of the kettle that goes half way around. ( attached on opposite sides of the fire bowl ) It looks like metal tubing. I have not come across this on any kettles I've seen. Is this a DIY add on, or did the factory make them this way ?
 It has the spoke triangle, and twist on ash pan. I can't tell how many vents are on it, or how the legs attach from the picture provided. It does have whitewall tires.
 Any ID info would be appreciated, Thanks !

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: ID help
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 10:06:01 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.   Sounds a little mysterious, this is a case where a pic would make indent much more reliable.  ;)                               SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

siege

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 10:18:49 PM »
 Thanks for the reply. I told him I'd take it, and will try to hook up tomorrow. Even if the handle is not factory, it will still cook the same.

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 04:48:03 AM »
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:21:13 PM by TexasOnion »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:55 AM »
Sounds a bit like a lid bale.

Edit.   Nevermind what I said.  I couldn't see the picture when I originally posted.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:40:01 PM by Darko »

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
ID help
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 06:54:22 AM »
That's the one in Boise ?  I've seen one of those with the handle before , I just can't recall who makes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:29:34 AM »
That's the one in Boise ?  I've seen one of those with the handle before , I just can't recall who makes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've seen a few like this now haven't we?
I don't think we've ever nailed down the brand.

@Craig - you have any ideas?

siege

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 05:54:01 PM »
Well, I went out to get it after work tonight. It was NOT a Weber. even though the ad said it was.. To solve the mystery of who made the kettle with the  "shopping cart" handle..... It was Charbroil. The plastic top handle has the name molded in.  It was probably serviceable, but still not a Weber. I can almost buy a new Weber for what the  dampers, handles, grates, and hardware would cost to get it in first class shape.
 I was not looking for a collector's item, mostly wanted to add a vortex for smoking, and a kettle pizza accessory.There is huge variety of goodies available for Weber kettles, and I know they would fit, but maybe not in the Charbroil.
 I have a vertical smoker, a propane grill, a cold smoker, and a discada that works on a burner, a fire, or charcoal kettle and a gas fired 24 X 36' flat top.  So obviously I NEED a Weber.... =)
 All things in their own  time. I might just bite the bullet and go buy a new one.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:00:52 PM by siege »

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 09:26:19 PM »
@siege,  Glad you rejected that offer.  Just a little patience and, this time of year, I'm certain CL will produce a "real" Weber kettle for your Vortex chicken :)                           SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".