Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A snack for Chuck S  (Read 1049 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
A snack for Chuck S
« on: April 23, 2016, 05:22:49 PM »
"What's on the grill for tonight?"

"Nothing," he said. "We'll snack instead."

So I made a virtual snack for @chuck s :  some sliders.

"Fresh," so to speak, from the freezer ... sliders

Frozen sliders, Charlie's Choice seasoning, a small CI pan and little tub of bacon grease

I setup this new-to-me 18 indirect out of habit. Frequently turning the burgers, I also rotated them in the pan since one side of the pan was hotter than the other.

Toasted King's Hawaiian for a few seconds ... I neglected to bring out a cover for the pan, so the pepper jack cheese didn't fully melt.

4 sliders, 4 dipping sauces

YardiCue Jerk BBQ Sauce, Cowtown's Night of the Living BarBQ Sauce, Backyard Chef Gold Rush Mustard BBQ sauce, Gourmet Warehouse Small Batch Cherry-Jalapeņo BBQ sauce

Burgers don't look like much but were tasty!

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: A snack for Chuck S
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 07:04:35 PM »
Looks good to me, I like the "night of the living bbq sauce" label. Reminds me of the far side comics

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 07:33:23 PM »
I think your addicted to ice ,everything's straight from freezer to table [emoji897]
Keep it coming it's very funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 09:21:38 PM »
Looking really good there!

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2016, 02:44:43 AM »
Delicious!!  ::)  I just had some virtual left over sliders for Breakfast!!    Thanks for thinking of me  :D..... My snack last night turned out to be some left over BBQ chicken "tighs"!   they were awesome too.   

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 03:42:18 AM »
I have never tried cooking burgers like that in a CI Skillet, is there an advantage to open flames or indirect?  Do you put the lid on for more smokey flavor?

jd

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:34 AM »
can't beat cast iron on the grill, nice work
22.5 Copper kettle
Blue Performer
Copper Performer

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2016, 03:16:50 PM »
G19, kettle was covered for a while but this is a quick cook, so it was more important to stand there and turn, flip and rotate.

With a more centrally-located fire you'd skip the rotate since the pan would heat evenly. If the pan were off the heat, indirect, I'd of course have kept the lid on and it would be a longer cook for sure. I was aiming for some crust or char here however.

I won't claim it's better, just different. If you ever want to make "smash burgers" you need a griddle or larger CI to nearly flatten them.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch