Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Homemade Kettle rotisserie for the 22.5  (Read 2951 times)

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
Homemade Kettle rotisserie for the 22.5
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:12:21 PM »
Hello folks been a long time since I've been on here. Just wanted to share a few photos with you finally got around to building the Weber kettle rotisserie using a 45-gallon drum, turned out to be a fairly simple process.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bweo_Y06SGGNUWF1Y3NFMkVuQkxaM3FjWWJ6RG1YWHBuaFpR/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bweo_Y06SGGNOThSN3lJTnNjdnNrQk4yYnhzMXdpcWFYcGNB/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bweo_Y06SGGNVE5scS1CeUtMNlBIem1zNzZaYnZNZzdFUXdr/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:26:28 PM by 225tostayalive »
Weber OTG Blue, Weber OTG Black, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe Gold, Smokey Joe Silver, CharGriller Akorn, PizzaQue Pizza cooker

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
Re: Homemade Kettle rotisserie for the 22.5
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
Cannot seem to figure out how to attach a photo...unless this feature has been disabled for my account?
Weber OTG Blue, Weber OTG Black, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe Gold, Smokey Joe Silver, CharGriller Akorn, PizzaQue Pizza cooker

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 05:36:30 PM »
Can't wait to see it

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:06:43 AM »
I am not able to attach any photos unfortunately     I do not see that option when posting message

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 06:06:04 AM »
Link now added    hopefully it works ??

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 07:17:15 AM »
Great to see you back, 225 !  I only see one pic.  Would like to see more and some explanation of what you did.  Thanks!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 07:50:58 AM »
I've thought about doing this many times, but haven't found a suitable barrel yet for the right price (free).  I figured on cutting above and below the flared out ribs in the barrel to get a good seal on the kettle and the lid.  Maybe one of these days.
-Keith

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 07:53:38 AM »
looks pretty cool!

I can't imagine how many fingers, or appendages, i would lose trying to make something like that.

225tostayalive

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »
45 gallon drum  cut just where lip starts to flair out of the side   

rotisserie ring height   approx 12 "   
spit sits approx 4" down from top of ring

lip then cut all around and then spot welded to interior ( approx 3/4 ")   
this help stabilize the drum on the kettle    it made a channel for the weber lip to slip into
hopefully you can see that in the typically garbage camera phone photos I will add more higher quality photos soon

the weber lid fit perfectly on the top of the drum which surprised me because  I had read where many people were not able to get the lid to sit properly on the drum top lip

the rotisserie is something I have wanted to add to this grill since i have owned it   but the price for what is included in the Weber Rotisserie kit was just too high

I would like to order a   fill it and grill it   and a rib o lator     
slap the meat on the roti   sit back listen to music and drink ice cold beer....while the weber does the heavy lifting
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 01:41:11 PM by 225tostayalive »