Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Table for Smokey Joe- Weber, aftermarket, or DIY?  (Read 3362 times)

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
Table for Smokey Joe- Weber, aftermarket, or DIY?
« on: April 19, 2016, 06:49:45 AM »
This is the second one I have seen on CL in the last year. I am not really interested in it but curious as to who made it.

imagec78fe.jpg" border="0

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Table for Smokey Joe- Weber, aftermarket, or DIY?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 07:19:20 AM »
@stubblebum -  The pics you posted are cool, but it seems like a lot of bulk for a little portable grill.  I usually just put my SJ on my performer table or on the grate of my 26er assuming they aren't in use.  Otherwise it just goes on my concrete patio.  I don't have any more room for a table option for mine, so I can't really speak about aftermarket or DIY ideas, but there is a good review of the weber table here if you have not seen it yet.   I think its cool that the grill actually locks into place.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 07:36:42 AM »
It looks similar, but not exactly, like the ones that these folks make:http://www.ardentgoods.com/
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 08:09:42 AM »
@stubblebum -  The pics you posted are cool, but it seems like a lot of bulk for a little portable grill.  I usually just put my SJ on my performer table or on the grate of my 26er assuming they aren't in use.  Otherwise it just goes on my concrete patio.  I don't have any more room for a table option for mine, so I can't really speak about aftermarket or DIY ideas, but there is a good review of the weber table here if you have not seen it yet.   I think its cool that the grill actually locks into place.

It does look like alot of bulk for a portable grill. I also use my SS performer table as a place for a Smokey Joe or mini-WSM.  It does look like it might fold up and make it easier to store.

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 08:13:20 AM »
It looks similar, but not exactly, like the ones that these folks make:http://www.ardentgoods.com/

I found previous threads that had mentioned the ardentgoods table when I used sites search function for Table Smokey Joe. I was just wondering if anyone knew who made this particular table. It appears well made to me, especially the built in metal ring for a heat shield.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 09:14:00 AM »

I will say it's a cool table and looks well made, but a  $199 table to hold my $30 grill? 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 09:24:36 AM »
I had the same reaction to that price as you. FYI - Asking price on the one pictured was $75 and I assume that included table, grill, and tools pictured.

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 09:30:28 AM »
Ad is still listed as of now. Looking at the pictures I wonder what holds the grill in the hovering position above the heat shield. You can see the grills legs and ash pan sticking out below the table but can't see where anything attaches.