Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rotisserie rod  (Read 1948 times)

jrc1

• Smokey Joe
rotisserie rod
« on: April 16, 2016, 07:04:00 AM »
I just got a 22.5 weber rotisserie attachment but it did not come with a rod. Has anyone had any experiance with an aftermarket rod, would any square 5/16th rod work?
green platinum of unknown vintage

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: rotisserie rod
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 07:37:27 AM »
Probably any will work, but wear out your ring faster and cause rust at the entry points if the square section of the rod grinds on it.

For example, Weber gasser roti kits can often be fairly inexpensive. They have a longer spit rod (which by itself isn't a concern) but only ONE of the two rod "indentions" (rounded sections) will line up. The other end will have the square section slowly grinding against the ring edge.

The charcoal kettle spit rod is 28.5" length, not including handle. The "indentions" occur of course at about 22" apart, so aim for that regardless of spit length. The Weber gasser's spit indentions occur at least 23" apart, or 1 1/4" too much when attempted with the kettle ring.

I know it's not a big deal to some people to match round spit rod sections with the grill, but as you're probably aware the kettle roti attachment is the most expensive aspect of that whole kit, so it's best to not prematurely damage it with the wrong spit rod.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

jrc1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:14:18 AM »
Thanks.  Good points.  I found a website that has a replacement weber rod for $48. May just order it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 01:08:41 PM »
@jrc1  Does it also sell just the ring? If so, please post it here.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 10:24:53 PM »
@jrc1   So, if you buy the rod for $48 and you bought the Perf for $95, then you get the whole thang for $48+$95=$143 !!!     That's less than the cost of a Roti alone.   Shrewd, very shrewd.
            RoTi chicken, prime rib, whatever ... great stuff.                                 SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jrc1

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2016, 03:10:55 AM »
@jkolantern here is the site: http://www.ereplacementparts.com/weber-rotisserie-parts-c-193079_193080.html

@smokenjoe It was a score. I am just being greedy now...still hope the guy finds the rod and calls me....I would prefer to redirect the funds for a replacement rod for the metal faux granite table top....this forum is dangerous for the wallet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk