Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MK's Southwestern Calzones  (Read 1510 times)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
MK's Southwestern Calzones
« on: February 28, 2013, 08:24:23 PM »
These came about from me walking around the corner and seeing my daughter with her head in the refrigerator saying "daddy, do we have stuff to make calzones?" So these ingredients were what she found in the fridge at time of recipe conception. Sort of a shoot from the hip!
I apologize for not taking photos of the finished product. I know....epic fail!!

Fresh or Frozen Pizza dough
3/4 lb cooked, well seasoned steak.
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
3/4 cup cilantro leaves
1/2 to 1lb queso fresco or pepper jack cheese
Mint Chimichurri for the top of the calzone (our recipe is in the Other Recipe section)

Heat grill to 450. If using a pizza stone, let stone heat up for at least a half hour.
Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll into 10" rounds
Add 1/4 of the ingredients in any order except the cheese. Put the cheese either on the top or the bottom. I prefer the top so it blends into all of the other flavors when it melts.
Cook for 12-15 minutes or until browned on top. If you need to do these in the oven, cook on the top 1/3 of the oven at 450.
Remove, spoon mint chimichirri on top and enjoy.

Again, these were leftovers we had in the fridge so the amounts are approximate. Feel free to make any changes or mods. We would like to hear and try them! Thanks!  ;)

"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

HazelWelch

• Happy Cooker
Re: MK's Southwestern Calzones
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
Thanks for the recipe. I know how important a refrigeration system in the kitchen as it is one of the essential home appliances that work under lower temperature. Lower temperature helps us to preserve various perishable foodstuff for a longer period of time. On the other hand, every refrigerator needs proper maintenance service on a regular basis in order to run all the units smoothly. One can check here if you are looking to provide preventive maintenance service to your refrigeration system. I also have a refrigerator in my home, which completes around 15 years and it is not maintaining the correct operating temperature. I am a bit confused about whether I am going to upgrade it or repair it. Can anyone advise me?