Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has Weber ever lowered their prices?  (Read 3670 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Has Weber ever lowered their prices?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2016, 11:15:51 AM »
OK, somebody school me on modern Spirits. I've seen the pictures of rusted cabinets but is that unique to Spirit? Are the internals no longer basically the same as Genesis? Don't talk to me about Chinese manufacture, I'm interested in why they don't hold up. Just curious. My assumption is that a $500 Spirit is still a far better machine than a $250 Whatever Gas Grill.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2016, 01:59:46 PM »
ATS, I can't comment on a spirit but I own a Genesis. My last one was given to me used, almost 20 years old when I got rid of it, only ever had to replace the flavorizer bars and grates. Even the igniter worked every time though it was rusted out and on its last leg. The only reason I got rid of it was I wanted a bigger gasser. My newest Genesis is a 2014, flavorizer bars definitely feel thinner and cheaper, the grates are much better, love the cast iron, the igniter rarely works on the middle burner. All in all, it will last me at least 20 years. It's always covered and rarely gets used lately cause I love the charcoal.
Now I will be buying a SCG in the next year or so. I spend so much money on useless and not needed things daily. If I cut some of that out and saved it, it could be paid for very quickly. Might even open a 0% for 21 months credit card and make a $75 a month payment. Paid in full in 20 months with 1 month to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »
Thanks Gummi. Interesting background.

Do we know anything about the quality difference in either materials, construction or design? I'm not automatically a hater of foreign labor. I also wonder if Spirit grills naturally tend to suffer more ills simply due to 1) more of them being out there and 2) owners of low cost products not caring to take care of them as well.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch