Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit Charcoal Grill First Sight UPDATED  (Read 9499 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Summit Charcoal Grill First Sight UPDATED
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 02:32:26 PM »
That would be my dream business. Throw in a butchery and I would be in heaven!

BanjoBob

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2016, 09:01:11 AM »
I'm wondering if the diffuser setup and the fire grill could be used on a 26'r? Maybe even the lid hinge. I assume it's a little soon to find parts available from Weber yet, but maybe?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2016, 09:33:18 AM »
We won't see parts available for some time, from 3rd party sellers like ereplacements.com ... And Weber won't want to sell any without seeing you register the grill (with serial #) with them.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Bigdave

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2016, 08:35:13 AM »
@Shoestringshop The grill I like but can not afford but that hat I can. How do I get one

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2016, 11:43:35 AM »
@Bigdave  At the unveiling of the grill SORRY :(
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »
I just got my hat delivered, to california, I called dan at backyard bbq store and politely ask for one.. he said they were free come get one, I told him I was in california.. I offered to pay for hat and shipping..in the end, he gave me the hat and UPS charges were $20.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 07:37:25 AM »
I'm wondering if the diffuser setup and the fire grill could be used on a 26'r? Maybe even the lid hinge. I assume it's a little soon to find parts available from Weber yet, but maybe?

There is no real good way to set up the SCG charcoal grate in the 26.  There are different mounts inside the SCG.  It's possible it could be done with some modifications, I'm sure.

The diffuser fits inside well, but again, without the charcoal grate in the "low" position it really doesn't help much.

I think the same thing can be accomplished with a SnS type of accessory, combined with a second grate raised above the main cooking grate.  I plan to try that instead.
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM