Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I'm Pretty Sure this is a Happy Cooker  (Read 3236 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
I'm Pretty Sure this is a Happy Cooker
« on: March 28, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
I just arranged to pick up this grill on Wednesday night. When I first saw the ad for this "Weber grill" I thought it was a gas kettle I could hopefully use for parts on the Gas Kettle Performer, but it turned out to be a charcoal grill. I believe this is a Happy Cooker, but I thought I'd post some of the pics the seller sent me to get confirmation. I think the internal ash pan is cool and the lid looks like it opens farther than it does on my SS Performers.

I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Re: I'm Pretty Sure this is a Happy Cooker
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 06:18:51 PM »
It certainly is ! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 06:33:08 PM »
I saw that. I sent him a message telling him it was worth a $1000.00 .

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 06:54:32 PM »
You're too late. I just informed him it's a $2000 grill.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 08:11:42 PM »
I saw that. I sent him a message telling him it was worth a $1000.00 .

You're too late. I just informed him it's a $2000 grill.

Princes among men.... Princes...  ;)
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 08:40:15 PM »
@Idahawk,  Is this the HC version that can raise the internal ash pan & coal grate higher to sear meat ???    The hinged lid is just like mine, but mine is on the tripod legs w/ a triangle.                            SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 09:06:09 PM »
So on these Happy Cookers do the lit coals go in the ash pan or is there supposed to be a charcoal grate above it?

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 10:29:18 PM »
Mine has the ash pan below the charcoal grate (too catch the ash before it clogs the intake vents below I believe).  Cooking grate above the two of them.                             SJ

AZR, does the knob on the mounting tube below the bowl raise and lower something that holds the ash pan (and coal grate) ??   What's under the ash pan ??               
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2016, 05:48:49 AM »
Mine has the ash pan below the charcoal grate (too catch the ash before it clogs the intake vents below I believe).  Cooking grate above the two of them.                             SJ

AZR, does the knob on the mounting tube below the bowl raise and lower something that holds the ash pan (and coal grate) ??   What's under the ash pan ??               

I don't pick it up until tomorrow night, but I'll be sure to post some pictures of it when I do. From the pictures in this thread it looks like it would raise the ashpan and therefore the charcoal grate above it for higher heat cooking. (Note the setting names on the close up of the sticker.)

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/first-score-of-2014/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 05:54:06 AM by AZRaptor »

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2016, 07:13:22 AM »
  The grate rests on top of the internal ash pan and the internal ash pan is connected to a pipe and can be adjusted up and down accordingly . They made both a pedestal and standard grill with the hinged lid as well those same models without the hinged lid [emoji111]🏻️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:59 AM »
@AZRaptor  I have the exact model you do so if you have a need to see something or have questions let me know ok?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2016, 03:54:33 PM »
@AZRaptor  I have the exact model you do so if you have a need to see something or have questions let me know ok?

Will do. Thanks Ron.