Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: rib-eyes were sale, so guess what i did no you'll never guess at all  (Read 795 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
I cooked them!

Tried something new (for me.) I heated some coconut oil in a round skillet over 2 charcoal baskets filled with, you guessed it, hot charcoal. That was my sear for a couple minutes on each side. "Montreal Steak" was the seasoning. I think I envisioned a blacker char or something being right on the cast iron but it didn't happen. Whatever. Too much oil perhaps.

My old Weber digital thermo stick initially said about 110 for each steak (cooking indirect, by now) so I walked away to do other stuff. I came back "just a second later" and it was reading like 150 wherever I stuck the needle in them. What the heck. I yanked them!

I think the meat wasn't as hot as indicated. Luckily! Freakin' tender and juicy. FREAKIN,' sez I.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: rib-eyes were sale, so guess what i did no you'll never guess at all
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 05:17:31 PM »
Yum. I'll have mine med-rare please!