Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sizzle Monster needs you!  (Read 2020 times)

hsinhanwu

• Smokey Joe
Sizzle Monster needs you!
« on: March 24, 2016, 09:11:08 PM »
Hi my fellow BBQ badass chefs:

I have launched my KickStarter a week ago and I got some good momentum going in the first 3 days, now it has slowed down quite a bit.  I have never done the crowd funding and it sure is harder than I thought!  I know many of you have backed me and really appreciated it and I think Sizzle Monster works really well and I hope we can get the words out some more so I can get the project funded and the backers can get a new toy to cook/show off with!  Please help me reaching out to your friends and family, and your other buddies in the BBQ forums and pass the word!  I am so happy that Weber Kettle Club did not ban me (several other forums have and called me Spammer as I am some evil sales guy  :'(), I am a die hard Weber fan and my design is totally designed for Weber!  Thanks WKC for your support!  I have 3 weeks to go on my KickStarter, thank you all for your help!!! 

Here is the link for the KickStarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/682470691/sizzle-monsterize-your-charcoal-grill

Sincerely,
Hsinhan Wu
Sizzle Monster creator

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Sizzle Monster needs you!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 09:34:59 PM »
I see you are in the Bay Area. I like your passion. You want to get together and cook some stuff? I think showing some killer use cases will help sell your product. I can take some pictures for you too if you want.  Personally I'd place your product under the outer ring of a gourmet grate, dump a full chimney into your basket, reverse sear a steak on your diffuser or cook some wings on the outer perimeter.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 10:08:23 PM »
Ok, I'm in. It looks like a great accessory for my kettles, but who am I kidding? Sizzle Monster is a kick-ass name! Hey! I am going out to ignite the Sizzle Monster!

wrehfield

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »
 I'm in. Hell,yeah!!
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

hsinhanwu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 10:10:24 AM »
I see you are in the Bay Area. I like your passion. You want to get together and cook some stuff? I think showing some killer use cases will help sell your product. I can take some pictures for you too if you want.  Personally I'd place your product under the outer ring of a gourmet grate, dump a full chimney into your basket, reverse sear a steak on your diffuser or cook some wings on the outer perimeter.

Yes, I am in south San Jose, let me know if you want to try to cook something on my proto type.  It works great. 

hsinhanwu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 10:14:59 AM »
Just don't want you guys to miss out on my other posting under recipes, here it is for the ribs and chicken marinate that shown in the video:

There were several people commented on my video on the KickStarter project Sizzle Monster about what marinate I was using that makes the chicken and ribs look awesome.  I must say it tasted pretty good too.  My friends and brother in law in Seattle have demand that I bring over the famous ribs/chicken to the party/potluck every time when I used to live there.  Here it is:

1 cup dark soy sauce
1 clove of garlic, smashed
1 table spoon sesame oil
1/4 cup of brown sugar
3 chilli pepper
1 Anise (star shape spice)
1/4 cup rice wine, vodka works great too

Mixed it and let it sit for 1 hour so all the spice is working together, then put the meet in the ziplock bag and then pour this mixture into it and marinate for 1 day.  This is great for chicken, pork chops and ribs, you will steal the spot light in the party! 

Thanks for your support on the KickStarter and please pass on the word so we can materialize our little project and the backers can get their toy to show off!  Thanks again.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 12:14:14 PM »
I'd help, but there is no shipping to Canada.

hsinhanwu

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 01:22:08 PM »
Unfortunately I checked with the fulfillment company, it cost $40-$55 to ship to Canada, so we are afraid that may offend people.  It would be great if eventually there is a distributor in Canada that we can ship to them in bulk.  Sorry.