Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Black ones really do hide in plain sight!  (Read 1536 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
Black ones really do hide in plain sight!
« on: May 14, 2016, 06:10:49 PM »
So, my driveway usually has my old school red Genesis, my gray second gen C&B performer, a redhead 22" beater and my 18" WSM. My 26er moves between garage, under the deck and driveway. All of them are covered unless in use.

A couple months ago I got a black SSP, which I don't have a cover for. It has mostly lived (cough hidden) in the garage (which is currently a huge mess and generally a no fly zone for my girlfriend). Well, I did some reorganizing of the space, and found a way to get the SSP and the 26er in the lineup. Everybody was covered except the SSP.  My girlfriend (who has been very anti new grills) came out to bring some steaks out, looked at the SSP a little funny (she'd seen it in the chaos of the garage but I'm sure it didn't register) and said what's special about that performer?
I said, it's a stainless steel.
Oh.

And then cooked steaks.

I snuck in another!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Black ones really do hide in plain sight!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 03:12:03 AM »
I sell grills all the time so my wife lost the anti new grills fight a long time ago.  As long as I don't clutter the yard it's cool with her.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 03:52:44 AM »
My idea of a cluttered yard and her idea are very different things!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 05:13:19 AM »
My idea of a cluttered yard and her idea are very different things!

Tru dat same over here.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"