Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue Stainless Performer  (Read 5470 times)

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
Re: Blue Stainless Performer
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 05:27:53 AM »
I picked up a blue SS performer several months ago. It is my first and only performer and is my work horse. I love the thing! Great pick up.
I was missing the charcoal bucket and cover.
Hotty Toddy!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2016, 05:45:55 AM »
I used tie wire on one.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

IvanTucuk

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 06:24:04 AM »
Congratulations! You just beat me to this...I saw this yesterday afternoon and contacted the guy. He said someone was coming out but I was next in line if it fell through. Looks like you got a great deal. I've been obsessed with looking for a performer, checking CL multiple times a day, but they don't come up very often. If you're looking to get rid of your green performer, or you're just not in love with this one ;) let me know.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2016, 06:34:41 AM »
Congratulations! You just beat me to this...I saw this yesterday afternoon and contacted the guy. He said someone was coming out but I was next in line if it fell through. Looks like you got a great deal. I've been obsessed with looking for a performer, checking CL multiple times a day, but they don't come up very often. If you're looking to get rid of your green performer, or you're just not in love with this one ;) let me know.

Thanks.  I think it is a good deal but need to take a closer look this weekend and see how much I may have to spend in replacement parts. 
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2016, 07:28:09 AM »

Can I attach the new ash sweep assembly along with the ash catcher bar to the old style ash bowl?

The bar will likely be too thick to allow the new style to snap together easily, but it might work. But those bars never secure the ring as tightly to the bowl as the leg socket method can.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2016, 07:29:52 AM »

Can I attach the new ash sweep assembly along with the ash catcher bar to the old style ash bowl?

The bar will likely be too thick to allow the new style to snap together easily, but it might work. But those bars never secure the ring as tightly to the bowl as the leg socket method can.

So, if I am understanding you correctly, I can install the new h clip ash sweeper if I remove the bar and then use hose clamps to secure the ash bowl to the kettle?

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2016, 07:32:16 AM »
Yep.

Also, you may curse Weber when trying to snap together the new sweeps assembly but once it's installed is truly a better solution than the old one with the nut adjustment but that's either too tight or too loose.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »
Yep.

Also, you may curse Weber when trying to snap together the new sweeps assembly but once it's installed is truly a better solution than the old one with the nut adjustment but that's either too tight or too loose.

I have installed the new sweep on my inlaws' OTS. It was a pain, but I liked it once I got it together.  Thanks again for all the input/help. I'll get some pics up once I can start on the clean up and restoration.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 07:45:18 AM by tb80 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2016, 07:48:21 AM »
Up to 2", I don't honestly remember what size I bought. Someone else will know how big you need.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2016, 07:49:35 AM »
Up to 2", I don't honestly remember what size I bought. Someone else will know how big you need.

Thank you.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2016, 08:02:10 AM »
@tb80 -  I just left out the washer when I installed a new one touch on my SS performer.   It did the trick until I updated to the newer style ash catcher that I mounted to the leg holes with pop rivets.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2016, 08:04:06 AM »
@tb80 -  I just left out the washer when I installed a new one touch on my SS performer.   It did the trick until I updated to the newer style ash catcher that I mounted to the leg holes with pop rivets.

Any issues with performance when you left out the washer?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2016, 08:14:01 AM »

Any issues with performance when you left out the washer?

None that I can remember.  Give it a shot and if it isn't quite sealing up tight you can always wire or clamp the ash catcher ring, remove the cross bar, and add the washer back in.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2016, 08:47:16 AM »
However, this will cause one dilemma. I made an agreement with my wife that I would get rid of a Weber if I picked this one up. I'm not sure if I should get rid of my red master touch, my green performer or my 26" kettle.
Keep them and tell her you lied :) She will glare at you wordlessly with veins popping out in her eyes as you sleep on the couch for the next 6 months but hey, look at the upside. :)