Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Webers Griller of the Week @Harris  (Read 2475 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Webers Griller of the Week @Harris
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 07:34:58 AM »
How could he lose? Just look at that thing. Congratulations Harris.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 07:40:17 AM »
Congratulations!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 10:31:33 AM »
What a beauty. Congratulations

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
Congrats...very cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 05:24:51 PM »
Does anyone else have Weber on facebook. I saw this and commented asking If it was a "brownie". Go ahead and laugh. I will too someday, but a guy named Craig Hill replied to me with pictures about the difference between the two. Showed a picture of a 78' brownie and a "67-68' chestnust Coppertone". Looks as if they are his by the pictures. Yes I was actually looking at the brick on the building and the reflection of the people. Don't know who he is ,but maybe you're on here and Weber got back with him thanking him as well. Give it a look! I'm not a collector, but after getting on this site, I'm getting an itch.... Anyway, beautiful grills

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 05:27:34 PM »
Craig Hill is @Craig on this board
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 06:10:56 PM »
I was wondering. Very cool, and thanks for getting back with me on that Lb. Take care.

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 07:14:22 PM »
Congratulations very cool.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 08:16:37 AM »
Does anyone else have Weber on facebook. I saw this and commented asking If it was a "brownie". Go ahead and laugh. I will too someday, but a guy named Craig Hill replied to me with pictures about the difference between the two. Showed a picture of a 78' brownie and a "67-68' chestnust Coppertone". Looks as if they are his by the pictures. Yes I was actually looking at the brick on the building and the reflection of the people. Don't know who he is ,but maybe you're on here and Weber got back with him thanking him as well. Give it a look! I'm not a collector, but after getting on this site, I'm getting an itch.... Anyway, beautiful grills

Thanks @Travis . That is me. My 78 Brownie 22 and my mid-late 60s Chestnut 22. Two of my favorites to cook on. I think @zavod44 and I have the lightest colored Chestnut 22 standards out there along with @harris92 's 1968 Imperial Sequoia which as I recall has even less if any chestnut misting on it. Its almost totally pink. It is very easy to get the "itch" or "Weberitis" as they say. My '78 Brown was found about five hours away from me in Waverly, Iowa. My Chestnut came from California by way of @pbe gummi bear so networking here definitely helps scratch that itch.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2016, 09:19:49 AM »
@harris92 Very cool, congratulations. Is there a prize associated with the honor?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
Hello @Craig. Thanks for getting back! Those are some cool grills man, and thanks for the explanation of the differences. I'm new to it all and just amazed of the history and so on. Take care!