Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody ever smoke a corn beef  (Read 2812 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Anybody ever smoke a corn beef
« on: March 05, 2016, 11:00:30 AM »
With the amount of corn beef around I would like to smoke one. Any suggestions?
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Anybody ever smoke a corn beef
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 11:15:31 AM »
Wait til closer to St.Patrick's day and they'll go on sale, then again after.

If you get your cabbage in the crock now you'll have some sauerkraut too, although it might be a little green from the short ferment.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 11:21:49 AM »
I have smoked a couple, and they turned out awesome. I usually soak the corned beef in water over night changing the water a few times. This takes out a lot of the salt. Remove from the water and pat it dry. I like to sprinkle black pepper and ground coriander on it, then sear it on both sides on high heat. Get your smoker going to 250-275 degrees or so and smoke until 160 degrees internal, then wrap tight in foil and continue on the smoker till around 190-200 degrees. When it's probe tender it's good to go. Pull it off and let it rest. There will be a lot of juice in the tin foil when you pull it off, don't throw it away. Dunk the corned beef in that juice when you slice it up or re-heat it. We like to make hot corned beef sandwiches on rye. Mix together equal parts yellow mustard and bbq sauce, spread it on toasted rye bread, add some hot corned beef  and eat! This is how I have done it with good results...Good luck!  ;D

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 11:57:18 AM »
Corned beef is super good and super easy! Here's one I did awhile back:
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/bavarian-corned-beef-brisket-sammies/msg188723/

I have one in the fridge on standby 8)

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 11:58:18 AM »
Yes. I used pecan. This is from last year. It was awesome!

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 03:02:57 AM »
I just grabbed a corn beef slab yesterday to make pastrami.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chefn58

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 07:55:05 AM »

I have smoked a couple, and they turned out awesome. I usually soak the corned beef in water over night changing the water a few times. This takes out a lot of the salt. Remove from the water and pat it dry. I like to sprinkle black pepper and ground coriander on it, then sear it on both sides on high heat. Get your smoker going to 250-275 degrees or so and smoke until 160 degrees internal, then wrap tight in foil and continue on the smoker till around 190-200 degrees. When it's probe tender it's good to go. Pull it off and let it rest. There will be a lot of juice in the tin foil when you pull it off, don't throw it away. Dunk the corned beef in that juice when you slice it up or re-heat it. We like to make hot corned beef sandwiches on rye. Mix together equal parts yellow mustard and bbq sauce, spread it on toasted rye bread, add some hot corned beef  and eat! This is how I have done it with good results...Good luck!  ;D
I smoke mine virtually the same way. Prepped as well. The only difference is the rub I use is a mixture of sugar and cracked black pepper.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Searching for a Blue 18" MBH

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 01:31:56 PM »
You're basically making Pastrami. That's pretty much what smoked corned beef is.