Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105636 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #120 on: March 11, 2016, 04:24:58 PM »

Watched the video again in higher quality. It's clear the stainless steel box on the right has an igniter. Perhaps the box is a self contained gas assist igniter. The box could allow the closer placement to grill but protect the propane canister from the heat of the grill.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #121 on: March 11, 2016, 04:58:31 PM »
Great pic, @CharliefromLI

I think I see a gasket …. ??  Perhaps a hinged lid ??
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #122 on: March 11, 2016, 05:05:27 PM »
Looking at that picture. It's a Kamando type double wall pellet pooper..
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #123 on: March 11, 2016, 05:21:47 PM »
If it is a pellet grill we are looking at least a $850 price point
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #124 on: March 11, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
You guys are the greatest. Maybe it's a dual burner with a grill burner/chip smoke pan and an infrared side burner and rotisserie. Stainless will cause wallet pain.  You know it's going to be hard to beat George's classic kettle. He could grill a steak at 6 in the morning and slow smoke a brisket for ten hours. The simple Kettle is gonna reign supreme. Just 1 special run a year of original kettles in some cool color like YELLOW! or glen blue or brownie. You could add what accessories you wanted. Bracket mount it to a Performer cart. Drop it an electric element. We aren't helpless we just can't bake porcelain.  Take pre-orders thru their dealers so whoever wants one can get one. Set up an enamel gun with the special color and run SJ's, JJ's, 18's, 22's and 26's, even ranchers if someone has a fat wallet. Oh well, in some other alternate universe. I'll prolly be at some outdoor section on the 6th with the rest of Y'all, checkin the new gizmo out.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #125 on: March 11, 2016, 06:31:33 PM »
Great pic, @CharliefromLI

I think I see a gasket …. ??  Perhaps a hinged lid ??

That was my first thought as well.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #126 on: March 11, 2016, 06:33:02 PM »
Looking at that picture. It's a Kamando type double wall pellet pooper..

Strictly a guess, but I think double walled but not pellet. They're calling it summit charcoal and Agee insiders already said not pellets.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #127 on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:57 PM »
Double walled would increase efficiency. Might be the ticket for a cook in low temperature breezy weather.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #128 on: March 11, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
Double walled CHARCOAL grill with touch and go gas assist. I assume that's just a built in shelf on the right side. I'm kind of scratching my head at the marketing sense of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #129 on: March 11, 2016, 09:35:24 PM »
What if it's the gasket on the top of a, what for it, ceramic kettle.   I mean, "really"  ...                                    SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #130 on: March 12, 2016, 01:24:42 AM »
Im sticking with my original guess that the money people at Weber are looking at BGE and Kamado Joe $1000+ Units and want to grab their share of the growing ceramic market.

They're in business.  They know if they slap the beautiful Weber badge on a well built product that it will sell.  They can produce ceramic cookers for very little money compared to what BGE and KJ units sell for and with the legions of Weber fanatics will be chomping at the bit to buy the next best thing from Weber.  If it is, Can you imagine how many kettles and performers will appear on Craig's list this spring/summer?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #131 on: March 12, 2016, 04:50:45 AM »
I can't see Weber bringing anything out that would spell the end of the kettle. That would be like Cuisinart getting out of Food Processors or Milwaukee getting out of reciprocating saws. If it is a ceramic or pellet smoker, it would just be another addition to their growing line of products.

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #132 on: March 12, 2016, 06:37:31 AM »
New product category: grill that comes with dude to cook for you. Owners will soon complain they're tired of seeing the same damn gray t-shirt every day. Wives will then offer interesting clothing suggestions related to such the themes as "construction worker," "lumberjack" and "fireman."
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2016, 06:39:50 AM »
I can't see Weber bringing anything out that would spell the end of the kettle. That would be like Cuisinart getting out of Food Processors or Milwaukee getting out of reciprocating saws. If it is a ceramic or pellet smoker, it would just be another addition to their growing line of products.

To most guys that have used a kettle a lot, buying a kamado style cooker isn't going to make them sell their kettle. While the ceramic cooker might be easier to get better chicken skin, it's really not quite as versatile or foolproof. However, I'm still not sure it's good business sense for Weber to sell one ...unless their's is going to fill a niche not already being filled. That's why I guessed a double walled steel charcoal grill with a gas assist for lighting the lump. This thing is NOT going to be cheap if that's what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #134 on: March 12, 2016, 07:04:10 AM »
Whatever it is, if it comes in colors, I'm game...