Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105657 times)

macmanjpc

• Smokey Joe
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2016, 11:26:46 AM »
Someone just posted this over at BBQ Brethren.

https://www.facebook.com/allthingsbbq/videos/10153479272308947/

Is this the same vid that was posted earlier here but got taken down ??

Im guessing insulated Kamado style kettle with gas assist.   Or a pellet pooper?

Nope. That's a new one! Good find. Similar style video and same voiceover. Definitely looks like a pellet pooping kettle!
Weber 22" Performer Touch-N-Go, Master-Touch 22" Ivory Special Edition, Smokey Mountain Cooker 22", Genesis EP-320 Blue, Jumbo Joe, Gas-Go-Anywhere... oh... and a Traeger Texas Elite Pellet-pooper.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2016, 12:22:24 PM »
Someone just posted this over at BBQ Brethren.

https://www.facebook.com/allthingsbbq/videos/10153479272308947/

Is this the same vid that was posted earlier here but got taken down ??

Im guessing insulated Kamado style kettle with gas assist.   Or a pellet pooper?

Not the same video but interesting.  Some sort of Egg, WSM, Kettle combo maybe??
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2016, 12:28:08 PM »
There is a lot smoke there and the guy seems to be playing with his food................
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2016, 01:08:17 PM »
That certainly looks like a hopper on the right hand side, most pellet grills those are on the left .

Looks like half a 22" WSM mounted on a cart with a pellet hopper , probably 2- 3 racks inside for smoking , everything up high and easy to use. Big door in front ? Im geeked out I know that much !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2016, 01:16:17 PM »
the Pellet Performer Gold
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2016, 09:26:52 PM »
A pellet Weber would be extremely interesting:

I think the pellets and kamado segment is growing faster than charcoal and proprane grills so Weber might want to capitalize on that.
My gut feel is that a pellet Weber would have a cheaper bill of materials than a gasser while simultaneously requiring less labor to assemble.
Pellets would give Weber another source of recurring revenue.
Weber has a larger distributor network than Traeger so they could pull exclusivity at numerous nationwide retailers.
Recent iGrill purchase could allow for integrated wireless control.
Pellet grills are more expensive than propane grills (generally speaking) so they are also presumably more profitable.

I'm extremely intrigued.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 01:14:03 AM »
I'm praying for the colored Mastertouch.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 06:49:17 AM »
I'm feeling like it must be a kamado.  If you look at the lid about 9 seconds into the video, it looks pretty thick and it's raised up on its own power.  Then the audio of smoking for 10 hours but first grilling a steak for breakfast...that sounds like the selling point kamados keep on trying to make to people that they can do everything.  A couple thoughts if this is the case:

First, a kamado is cool, but knowing how much a Big Green Egg costs, I'm assuming it would be priced about the same.  I've always thought the biggest selling point of Weber is that it does 90% of what a kamado does for essentially 10% of the price.
Second, if it was a kamado, just curious if it would undercut the WSM in any way.
Third, I feel like Weber is continuing to somewhat marginalize the original kettle business.  Once again, I understand as they are a business trying to meet consumer demand and maximize their profit, but it bums me out a bit.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 07:18:10 AM »
I considered it being a Kamado but to me that doesn't make much sense for Weber. Kamado production is nowhere near as scalable for production as sheet metal components- which Weber has over 60 years of in house experience. Kamado's would require a difference porcelain curing line as their dimensions and weights are totally different than other products. A Kamado would cook less food while simultaneously being more expensive than a kettle or WSM. I'm thinking the teaser looks like a brand new product similar to a Weber q with a cast domed lid (which Weber is also very good at), cart base, and controller(?) on the right.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 07:29:12 AM »
Everyone keeps mentioning Kamado...isn't Kamado just a brand of egg style cookers?  And doesn't weber already have the BGE in many different sizes?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2016, 07:45:37 AM »

I'm feeling like it must be a kamado.  If you look at the lid about 9 seconds into the video, it looks pretty thick and it's raised up on its own power.  Then the audio of smoking for 10 hours but first grilling a steak for breakfast...that sounds like the selling point kamados keep on trying to make to people that they can do everything.  A couple thoughts if this is the case:

First, a kamado is cool, but knowing how much a Big Green Egg costs, I'm assuming it would be priced about the same.  I've always thought the biggest selling point of Weber is that it does 90% of what a kamado does for essentially 10% of the price.
Second, if it was a kamado, just curious if it would undercut the WSM in any way.
Third, I feel like Weber is continuing to somewhat marginalize the original kettle business.  Once again, I understand as they are a business trying to meet consumer demand and maximize their profit, but it bums me out a bit.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 07:47:33 AM »
Everyone keeps mentioning Kamado...isn't Kamado just a brand of egg style cookers?  And doesn't weber already have the BGE in many different sizes?

I stand corrected as I have been informed that Weber doesn't make the BGE.  I would have lost money betting on that one.  Ya learn something new every day! Thanks @MrHoss for setting me straight!

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 08:10:43 AM »
Frankly, it looks like a 22 WSM with a hinged lid and pellet hopper. Basically, they're taking mods people already do and incorporating them into standard production. Buuuuuut, I guess we'll all find out together. Except Harris, who already knows.
Growing family = growing kettles!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 08:14:12 AM »
 OK!  Not a kamado!  Good to know!!! :)
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 08:29:36 AM »
The kamado market is flooded as is the pellet market quite frankly. You have to look at what weber is built to do and that's metal work not ceramics. Then if you factor in the by out of idevices , I'd say a digitally controlled pellet grill / smoker that's easy to use and tech friendly would be the best guess.  Traeger has been on the decline for a number of years , they don't protect their dealers and the quality has diminished greatly with the outsourcing of parts overseas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs