Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Skrimps on the Wok  (Read 4640 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Skrimps on the Wok
« on: February 25, 2016, 07:30:59 AM »
I picked up a Weber 8412 Wok and couldn't wait to try it out after I got it.

Carrots, broccoli, green onion,mushroom,pea pods, garlic , ginger and sesame oil.

After heating up the oil , I added the carrots and broccoli first. After they cooked a while I added the pea pods and whole garlic. Finally the mushrooms and some of green onion . I seasoned the vegetables with Webers Korean BBQ seasoning and added the ginger and chopped garlic .

After the vegetables were done , it was time for the shrimp , I added another dash of oil and hit them with Korean Barbecue Seasoning , after a few minutes we were ready to eat . I took half the mix and added sweet and sour sauce and we made some brown rice.

I love the size of this wok , I'm considering picking up another one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Skrimps on the Wok
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 07:43:06 AM »
@Idahawk  - Wow!  That looks amazing.  In fact after looking through your pics I went to amazon and ordered the same wok.  I can't wait to try to reproduce your cook!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 07:46:36 AM »

@Idahawk  - Wow!  That looks amazing.  In fact after looking through your pics I went to amazon and ordered the same wok.  I can't wait to try to reproduce your cook!

Did you get one for $30.00 ? I couldn't believe there selling that cheap [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 07:49:47 AM »

Did you get one for $30.00 ? I couldn't believe there selling that cheap [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep!  $30.99  You can't beat that price!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 12:30:12 PM »
I have one of those woks, have have yet to try it out.  Looks like I am going to have to.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 03:41:33 PM »
Looks delicious!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 11:52:59 AM »
@Idahawk -  My wok came a few days ago.  I can't beleive how awesome it is especially for the price.  I could see this thing selling for around $75 all day long.  This has to be one of the best buys available for a Weber made product.  I guess looking at Amazon now it normal sells for $89 which makes sense.

If anyone reading this doesn't have a wok and have been considering one, I would jump on this deal.  Only 10 left in stock.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 12:14:45 PM »
@Idahawk or @MikeRocksTheRed  does this sit on top of the cooking grate? Do you need the GBS to use it?

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »

@Idahawk or @MikeRocksTheRed  does this sit on top of the cooking grate? Do you need the GBS to use it?

Sits on your grate tabs , doesn't need anything :)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

It rest on the grate tabs just like a grate would....no grate required.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 01:23:44 PM »
Lol I just tried to buy another one and there gone ......nice pitch job !

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 01:28:35 PM »
Lol I just tried to buy another one and there gone ......nice pitch job !

Holy crap those last 10 went fast!  Glad I got in on it!

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
Dern it!  They have one with shipping for $22.50 + shipping makes it about $31.

I need it to ship from amazon so a add on will ship.  DERN IT
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 01:32:44 PM »
post some of your cooks on it @MikeRocksTheRed
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")