Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally a worthy find.  (Read 3843 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally a worthy find.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2016, 06:29:54 AM »
Damn!!!! Score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 08:41:55 AM »
Heck of a score! Enjoy!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2016, 11:01:34 AM »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2016, 11:09:14 AM »
That bowl pic looks like you did clean it … Great score!

@MikeRocksTheRed … Dude, you need to look at the first few pics a little closer …. And, read this:   :o ;D ;) ;)

For the rest of the story; the lady I bought it from told me she had moved to her current home a couple of years ago and that movers had lost the lid to the grill and she never got around to buying a new one. She is getting ready to move again and just wanted the grill out of her way so she figured ten bucks was good to do that. I met her after work and as she walked me to the grill in her poorly lit garage I couldn't figure out why the grate wasn't sitting down just like posted pic, it was kicked up. Well to my joy and disbelief I found the missing lid. It had simply been placed upside down in the bowl with the charcoal grate and the cooking grate on top of it giving the appearance that it was missing. No I didn't point it out I simply handed her a ten and rolled the grill out to my jeep. I didn't get a chance to look at it closely until I got home and as I pulled the pieces out I and looking at the bowl and it doesn't look like it's been cooked in more than once or twice and the same with the grate. Amazing. Yes I probably should have said something to her but she was clearing the house out for her move south and I don't think she would have cared either way.
Here is how it looked when I first saw it.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2016, 11:12:43 AM »
@MacEggs -  Oops.  I did see the pics, but figured it was a lid from a loaner grill since I didn't read the full story!  My bad!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!