Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Homer  (Read 4581 times)

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Re: My Homer
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Ouch!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
The porcelain is thicker on the colored kettles since they apply the color over black kettles. Extreme heat fluctuations cause the porcelain damage. I bought a black kettle for a dedicated pizza kettle. I wouldn't attempt to use it on my Homer.

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2016, 09:52:21 AM »
Crap.    I don't necessarily want to destroy this Homer.  Maybe I can find a way to swap my performer bowl with the homer so i can have a black pizza grill and a homer performer.  Would I just need to make a gravity-based bracket for the homer to fit into the performer frame?  I know I can put the performer bowl on legs with no additional mods...

Or maybe I just make the performer the dedicated pizza grill?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:56:15 AM by jaynik »

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2016, 12:12:20 PM »
Just my .02. If  you really like the Homer grill and don't want to risk damaging it, just pick up a 22 beater on craigslist or whatever for a pizza cooker.

jaynik

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
The irony is that this homer is the first inexpensive 22 I've seen pop up on Craigslist in my area.  I know they should be a dime a dozen, but folks around here seem to be real proud of them.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
My Homer
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2016, 06:28:57 PM »
The irony is that this homer is the first inexpensive 22 I've seen pop up on Craigslist in my area.  I know they should be a dime a dozen, but folks around here seem to be real proud of them.

I hear ya, man. I love using it on my Performer but it would be nice to leave it on another dedicated kettle for just pizza. We just don't want you to mess up your Homer. I didn't know they even existed until joining the kettle club, but they gotta be worth something one day, for sure. If you do use your Performer, just be sure to either turn the back of the oven opposite the lid bail plastic standouts or whatever you call them, or play it safe and just remove them as the KettlePizza instructions say. And remember to keep that vent opposite the fire and away from the heat so your plastic vent tab doesn't melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 06:49:55 PM by kettlecook »