Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Couple steak extras (no pics) compound butter and herb olive oil recipes  (Read 951 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
I forgot to mention the other day when I posted some a pic of the 2" thick porterhouses that I slow smoked and reverse seared (still can't believe I forgot the pic of them sliced) I served them with some compound butter and good olive oil mixed with some herbs.

Butter
1 stick butter, softened
3-8 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
1 small shallot, peeled and finely minced
as much thyme as you feel like picking off the little stems (for me I think I picked 8 or 10 stems and said I'm done)

Mix all together and let sit at room temp for about an hour to meld flavors (I skipped the part where you roll it into a log in plastic wrap and refrigerate it to set before slicing pretty because I don't like putting cold butter on my steak).

Olive oil
1/2-1 cup GOOD olive oil
handful Italian flatleaf parsley, chopped
1tsp-1Tbsp crushed red pepper

Mix all together and let sit for an hour or longer. You can strain the oil, I did not.

Both were really good and big hits. The butter was a little more popular but I liked the olive oil since it was really fresh and added just a hint of heat.

You can add any herbs (chives, rosemary, basil, cilantro, lemon zest... whatever) and/or spices get as complicated or simple as you like. I kept both fairly simple to add just a little extra flavor since I didn't want anything to get in the way of the steaks.

I can imagine some lime juice/zest and chili powder in butter would be good on grilled chicken breast... give it a try and have fun with it!

Thanks!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Couple steak extras (no pics) compound butter and herb olive oil recipes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 08:14:31 PM »
That garlic butter sound good on a porterhouse. Good job.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Couple steak extras (no pics) compound butter and herb olive oil recipes
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:52:18 AM »
@austin87 -  Everything sounds good in theory, but I can't believe you without pics!  LOL.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger

I can imagine some lime juice/zest and chili powder in butter would be good on grilled chicken breast... give it a try and have fun with it!

Thanks!

I also imagine it would, so I will and I will. Thanks for the tip!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.