Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mini meet up and Gas Kettle scallop cook  (Read 1537 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Mini meet up and Gas Kettle scallop cook
« on: February 05, 2016, 01:26:18 PM »
@Davescprktl was in my neck of the woods today and stopped by.  Gave me a good reason to give all my kettles and much needed wipe down as well as an excuse to thaw out some scallops.

I've been wanting to try some scallops on my gourmet griddle that @harris92 got me for Secret Santa this year.  I think @dazzo and @AZRaptor were particularly interested in my trying this.

The end result was great. I wasn't sure if the gas kettle would get the griddle hot enough but after some preheating it settled in at 539 degrees. 

EVOO brushed onto one side of the scallops then seasoned with Tony Chachere's creole seasoning, then placed oil side down onto the griddle.  They probably cooked 4-5 minutes then I oiled and seasoned the top of the scallops and flipped them.  Cooked another 4-5 minutes and they were done. 

A few were a little over seasoned but the rest were awesome.  Good sear and perfectly done all the way through.   

It was a great mid day break!  Thanks for stopping by Dave and I hope you enjoy the smoked cheese and the Tatonka dust I sent you home with!

I forgot to take during pics, so here is an after pic.

Dave prepping for another

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 01:30:07 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: Mini meet up and has kettle scallop cook
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »
Love seeing member meetups. Often thought that a Kettle gasser would be perfect for griddle and wok cooks.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Mini meet up and has kettle scallop cook
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 01:35:36 PM »
Love seeing member meetups. Often thought that a Kettle gasser would be perfect for griddle and wok cooks.

It was really cool to meetup with somene from here and our local AZ text message group!  I agree with you @MrHoss about the kettle gasser being good for griddle and wok cooks, especially since mine is in good shape and I'd prefer to not get the burner or deflector all junked up!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mini meet up and Gas Kettle scallop cook
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
That's awesome Mike. Very cool to see members meeting up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 05:42:41 PM »
Nice job. Looks great.

The kettle gasser makes a  great wok/griddle burner.
Dude, relax your chicken.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 07:13:39 PM »
Greatest scollops ever!  Also some very cool kettles.  Mikes smoked cheese is outstanding.  Will try the Tatonka Dust soon.  Thanks again Mike!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 09:47:31 PM »
Looks great Mike! Now I'm even more jealous of that gas kettle pickup.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ