Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Please Post Your Pics Of Canadian Mastertouch Kettles To Help Me Decide  (Read 4650 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I'm so torn, I'd like to see some pics of them in people's back yards to get a feel for what they really look like instead of the manufacturer's press releases before I place my order.
I'd appreciate it.  Also looking forward to reading more experiences from US members who have ordered from Canadian outfits.

TIA
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Please Post Your Pics Of Canadian Mastertouch Kettles To Help Me Decide
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 04:13:05 AM »
Out of all the color choices, I think ivory and the green are what I would choose if I were to get one.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 04:33:13 AM »
Out of all the color choices, I think ivory and the green are what I would choose if I were to get one.

I literally bounce between the spring green, slate and ivory every twenty seconds.  LOL

I have a uline lime green smokey joe so the spring green may compliment that.

The slate looks flat out classy but I thought it would have more of a metallic paint as opposed to the flat blue but I still dig it.

The ivory is an eye catcher but I wonder if it will always look dirty and not hide the dirt as much as the other two colors.

That's the line of thinking anyway.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:34:39 AM »
Have you seen this thread?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/my-new-canadian-mastertouch/

Yes, I'm hoping folks that got the ivory or spring green might post their photos to help too.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 05:02:57 AM »

Yes, I'm hoping folks that got the ivory or spring green might post their photos to help too.
Was cyphering between Ivory & Spring Green myself. I was sure Ivory was gonna be my choice, until I saw a member pic of the Smoke (Weber promo pic doesn't do it justice). Now I'm confused all over again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 07:36:13 AM »

My Ivory kettle is currently buried in my backyard …

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 10:43:29 AM »
ivory

spring green

lemongrass

blue wave

smoke

the only acceptable answer, is all of them.  :D
I only use kettles with lid bales.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 11:31:26 AM »
How dirty does the Ivory look normally?  Do you have to constantly clean it to keep dust off of it?
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
How dirty does the Ivory look normally?  Do you have to constantly clean it to keep dust off of it?

Dust and dirty show up pretty easy on the ivory.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 12:03:28 PM »
Man that Smoke looks awesome, that ash pan, handle and position of the top vent just keep me away.  I had two 2015 mastertouch's last year and sold both.  I love the grill, those features are a real downer for me.

That said it is an amazing grill. 

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 12:23:58 PM »
Man that Smoke looks awesome, that ash pan, handle and position of the top vent just keep me away.  I had two 2015 mastertouch's last year and sold both.  I love the grill, those features are a real downer for me.

That said it is an amazing grill.

What is it that you don't like about the ash pan and position of the top vent?

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Just don't like the squeeze release on the ash pan,  and the vent to top handle position.   I am old school

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2016, 01:42:42 PM »
i know people beef about the vent and temp positioning, but frankly i don't get that.

when i use coal baskets on either side of a drip pan, the old type with the 90* orientation put the thermo over the coals, which does no good.  (at least for me)

having the temp and vent NOT over the coals makes sense to me.  i can vent from between the coals, and get a temp reading from between the coals. (in the area that the food is cooking).

so basically, i can read a temp from the cooking area of the kettle, not directly over the coal bins.

never understood why nobody likes that, it seems to make more sense this way to me.  at least the way i set up my cooks. 

i guess it's a ymmv type of thing. 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 02:06:56 PM »
That smoke color is out of control!