Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sunday clean up and low-tech mod  (Read 2065 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Sunday clean up and low-tech mod
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:00:30 AM »
Beautiful day yesterday, thought I'd finally clean the red A Code I got in December.  There was a ton of spray paint splatter all over it, and I got that cleaned up using the razor scraper and 0000 steel wool.  I also polished up the legs and triangle, and got them looking as good as new.  Finally, I worked really hard at getting the top vent as shiny as possible.  For once, I carefully rubbed the steel wool all in the same direction and then polished it with some Mothers.  Nothing I can do about the old scratches on it, but I think it looks pretty good. 

Last weekend, we went to visit some friends in Orange, CA.  They had heard of my Weber obsession and gave me a K code Smokey Joe that had been sitting around for at least ten years.  I cleaned her up, but it was missing the little ash pan on the bottom...After cleaning out the garage this weekend, I had an old empty paint can that I thought could do the job.  After using a hammer and flathead screwdriver to punch some holes, the ash pan was a go.  A low tech mod to be sure, but I think I'm going to paint it and eventually convert this into my first mini WSM. 

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

apt323

• WKC Brave
Re: Sunday clean up and low-tech mod
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:21:30 PM »
Awesome and nice cleanups!
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:33:20 PM »
I'm certain that the '70s era RedHeads are the brightest, by far, of all the others.  My favorite era.    What a fantastic cleanup.                   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »
Great job! Beautiful redhead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »
Great job on the clean up there! That redhead is beautiful!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:26:16 AM »
Beautiful Redhead, I like your ashpan mod!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......