Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Winter Update.  (Read 3235 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Winter Update.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 04:06:55 PM »
@GregS - you are absolutely right about the warranty being 10 years.  My reason for mention 2013 is because there is a known issue with the leg socket placement in the 26ers that year.  Haven't head of that problem any other year.   So if it has an AT lid stamp I just wanted @CharliefromLI to had a heads up and check to see if it is level or not. 

It's really obvious though if to for one of the screwed up ones.  It out of level by a lot.  I think the story was that the jig that was setup for welding the leg sockets was setup wrong.   It would be interesting to know how many kettles made it out of the factory out of whack before it was realized.   Who knows maybe my out of whack 26er will be a collectors item some day!  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Re: Winter Update.
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
Looks good!  If its a 2013 and doesn't sit level, call weber CS.   That is what mine is and it is very out of level due to a leg socket being located in the wrong place.  Apparently there was a batch of these that year and weber is good about replacing them.
actually i believe they have a 10 year warranty.  so if it's a 2006 or newer, they'd replace the defective part.  at least that was my understanding, i could be wrong. 

they are one of the best customer service departments i've ever called.

All spot on. I had them replace an out of round WSM center section and they had it here in about 3 days.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP