Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A question about Kingsford charcoal...  (Read 1325 times)

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
A question about Kingsford charcoal...
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »
Have a question about Kingsford charcoal, so I thought I'd ask the experts: Has anyone used the Kingsford charcoal with the various smoking woods imbedded inside? I have never tried it and was curious as to how much smoke it produces? Is the smoke consistent throughout the entire burn? Most importantly, is it better or worse than using regular KBB and adding in your own wood chunks? Thanks.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: A question about Kingsford charcoal...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:36:12 PM »
I actually just bought some of the Hickory Kingsford on clearance. The flavor is VERY minor, if at all, but it does have a hint of the aroma when burning. From my experience, it also burns a little hotter than the blue bag. Home Depot just had it on clearance for $3.03 a bag. I don't mind it, but I would not use it for any type of smoke flavor. I would and do, add my own chunks.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: A question about Kingsford charcoal...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 12:18:26 AM »
I actually just bought some of the Hickory Kingsford on clearance. The flavor is VERY minor, if at all, but it does have a hint of the aroma when burning. From my experience, it also burns a little hotter than the blue bag. Home Depot just had it on clearance for $3.03 a bag. I don't mind it, but I would not use it for any type of smoke flavor. I would and do, add my own chunks.

Nailed it. Not a huge difference in flavor but does seem to burn a little hotter.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
A question about Kingsford charcoal...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:12:29 AM »
I just used the applewood infused kingsford last weekend , and I thought it produced some nice smoke and Flavor for grilling . I don't think you could smoke with it on its own , but for grilling I'd buy it again .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 09:12:28 AM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs