Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Years ribs and turds.  (Read 2474 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
New Years ribs and turds.
« on: January 01, 2016, 08:32:30 PM »
Had a great day cooking three racks of ribs and two dozen turds.  Started out using the 3-2-1 method but ended up being 3.5-2 method.  Smoked for 3.5 hours then wrapped for 2 slathered with bbq sauce and dotted with bacon grease.  I was going to cook them another hour on the rack  but when I unwrapped the first rack of ribs they broke in two when I picked it up.  I then considered them done!  I deboned and pulled all three racks and served them with baked beans, potato salad,  and green salad.  As always the turds were a crowd favorite.  This time for the ribs I used a 2x2 snake that kept the temp between 250-265.  Worked like a dream!  Here are some pics.....

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
New Years ribs and turds.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 09:35:03 PM »
Grate looking cook!!!
Did you make your dip to go with the turds again?  I have to thank you for that idea. I grilled turds on New Years Eve & made some dip to go with 'em:

2/3 cream cheese
1/3 sour cream
cilantro
diced up extra jalapeño pieces
minced up seeds & membranes
  (trying to get some hint of heat)
seasoning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 02, 2016, 01:36:00 AM by brewtownbeatdown »
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Years ribs and turds.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 09:46:38 PM »
Good idea!  Nice spice blend.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 06:36:00 AM »
Awesome! Looks great!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 02:10:03 PM »
Dang, sharp looking cook! I've always gotten ribs a little mushy/too fall off the bone for my preference when I wrap so lately I've been doing them unwrapped the whole way. That said even fall off the bone ribs are fabulous and I'd love to get my hands on some of those!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 04:21:35 PM »
Dang, sharp looking cook! I've always gotten ribs a little mushy/too fall off the bone for my preference when I wrap so lately I've been doing them unwrapped the whole way. That said even fall off the bone ribs are fabulous and I'd love to get my hands on some of those!

The pic I had did not really give it justice.  I wanted them to be fall off the bone this time so I could pull them and use them for sandwiches or just eat without getting all messy.  I know there are purists who frown on this style of ribs.  I say cook how you want!  Enjoy your food how you like it!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 07:24:20 AM »
I knew I smelled ribs and turds on New Years!  There must have been a breeze blowing from the south!   Everything looks great.  I like the idea of using ribs for pulled pork (especially with pork spares on sale at Smart and Final right now).  How do you like you weber rib rack?  I have a different brand and find it hard to get the ribs out of the racks when I am ready to foil them.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 09:39:30 AM »
I knew I smelled ribs and turds on New Years!  There must have been a breeze blowing from the south!   Everything looks great.  I like the idea of using ribs for pulled pork (especially with pork spares on sale at Smart and Final right now).  How do you like you weber rib rack?  I have a different brand and find it hard to get the ribs out of the racks when I am ready to foil them.

I liked the Weber rib rack.  I used a snake and had three racks of ribs.  I had to rotate the rib rack as well as rotating the ribs in the rack from front to back, back to front and so on.  I had no trouble moving the ribs around.  It was quite easy.  I also sprayed the rib rack with non stick spray.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 10:01:52 AM »

I liked the Weber rib rack.  I used a snake and had three racks of ribs.  I had to rotate the rib rack as well as rotating the ribs in the rack from front to back, back to front and so on.  I had no trouble moving the ribs around.  It was quite easy.  I also sprayed the rib rack with non stick spray.

Hadn't even thought of spraying my rack.  I'll have to give that a try the next time I use it.  Haven't really needed it since I got my 26er though.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!