Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Search Is Over  (Read 2969 times)

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
The Search Is Over
« on: January 10, 2016, 01:57:08 PM »
Finally!

So I've been searching craigslist for about a year and a half trying to find a copper gas-assist performer that wouldn't require a second mortgage. Saw one over the summer, but it was sold before I could contact the seller. I saw one other one, but they seller wanted close to full purchase price, so I passed. Last night, I checked the Austin CL(I live near San Antonio). Lo and behold, there was a copper performer for a reasonable price. It didn't mention gas assist and there was no propane bottle in the pictures, so i figured it was not a gas assist. Figured what the heck, it's a copper performer, i have the money thanks to Christmas and if nothing else, i could switch it out w/my blackie performer(blackie is now going to be a pizza rig) to make it gas assist. so i sent the seller a msg asking if it was still for sale. Received a reply this morning that it was so i arranged a time to go get it. drove up and as i pulled up, the guy raised his garage door. as i looked at it from the street, it looked like there was a brass fitting peaking out from under the table. could it be what i thought it was? the owner stepped outside, we greeted and then approached. i didn't want to seem too excited, lest he want to raise his price, so i kept myself contained. as we got to the grill, he took the lid off and i did a little happy dance in my head as i saw the gas tube sticking in the bowl. both grates were fairly rusty, but no dings or rash that i could see. the nuts/washers that hold the lid bale to the bowl were missing, but that's an easy fix. so i slapped the money in his hand, loaded her up and home i came. once i got home, closer inspection makes me think he never even hooked up the gas assist. there is a plastic cap on the nipple where the bottle screws in and the rubber hose wasn't connected to the burner tube. I paid more than i had been hoping to get away with, but it was EXACTLY what I had been looking for. took a couple quick pics to show off.

vent code shows 2014

Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: The Search Is Over
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 02:03:51 PM »
Awesome!
Great to find just what you're looking for, I love the coppers too, and have my eye out for one, but alas the price is always too high. Maybe in a few years...
Great score!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 02:56:21 PM »
@mrbill Congratulations on that find nice looking rig. Love that color! I have a copper but not the performer I would love to have that :)
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
Awesome find!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 04:12:53 PM »
Grate find. Patience really paid off for you. Congrats!!!  Love them Coppers (I'll find my own steal eventually).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 08:38:13 PM »
That's such a great feeling isn't it? Enjoy many cooks on that beauty!

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 10:12:27 PM »
Congrats.  Great looking Performer.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2016, 03:06:58 AM »
That is a beauty. Congratulations!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 03:34:31 AM »
Congrats awesome performer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 06:36:25 AM »
That's a great find.  No rust around the lid handle!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 06:44:53 AM »
congrats! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 08:55:02 AM »
Wow a copper performer! Nice score looks brand new!
May The Smoke Be With You!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 11:17:49 AM »
Nice work, patience always makes the find that much sweeter.  Great looking performer, love the copper!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2016, 04:58:13 AM »
Everybody loves a success story. Have fun playing with food & fire.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need