Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 'Chex' party Mix  (Read 1930 times)

BC

• WKC Brave
'Chex' party Mix
« on: December 21, 2015, 05:56:12 PM »
First batch is a pan of bacon dippers, a cracker made by Christie, and a store bought nuts n bolts mix, seasoned with a bit of garlic and Weber Mexican marinade mix (dry mix) all with a bit of melted butter.
 Second batch is a mix of Shreddies, rice and corn chex, peanuts, pretzels, cheezies, Cheeze It crackers and god knows what else seasoned with Ranch dressing dry powder, Worcestershire, onion powder, garlic powder, Fritos seasoned with Weber Mexican marinade dry mix.
The nuts n bolts mixfrom the first will be added when all is done. All tossed with a bit of oil.
First batch with hickory, second with maple. Smoked for two hours each at 250+. Outside temp is around zero and the kettle is holding it's own, no problem.
I love my Weber <3

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: 'Chex' party Mix
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 05:59:50 PM »
Right on. Never would have thought of doing that but I love it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 06:04:02 PM »
Mix it every half hour, takes on a nice light smokey flavor.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:01:44 PM »
This is Evil Genius level of cooking. Wow.

I'm going to try this.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 02:19:13 AM »
Thanks everyone. If you try it use a smaller quantity at a time than I did in the second batch.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 03:54:41 AM »
My wife's friend was just talking about making homemade chex mix next time we hang out, now I'll have to do it on the grill...
Awesome!

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 04:10:02 AM »
Already rethinking the next time I try some. Those bacon dippers smoked with hickory....just...wow! Here's a thought....tossed with bacon fat.
unnnhhhh

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 06:05:48 AM »
Hmmmm....never thought of making this on the grill.  I like it, I like it a lot!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 09:14:53 AM »
Me likey alot too!  Gotta do this!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 10:27:51 AM »
 Here's a little tip for you , use butter flavored popcorn oil in place of the butter and other oil, it's way easier and tastes great, we do several batches of pretzels every year with an old recipe from my MIL , very similar and like yours really good !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 11:36:05 AM »
I love Chex mix I just try to avoid it because I literally shovel into my mouth by the handful....

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 12:16:30 PM »

I love Chex mix I just try to avoid it because I literally shovel into my mouth by the handful....

I hear that , that gardettos stuff ...it's the devil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs