Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: how to add a custom logo to a kettle? Anyone done it?  (Read 1041 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
how to add a custom logo to a kettle? Anyone done it?
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:08:30 PM »
So I help gather raffle prizes and auction goods for a few local fundraisers.  And I was wondering what or how would be the best way to add a custom logo to a kettle much like the ones of days gone by most recently I remember seeing a Miller Lite one but there have been so many.

Would a Simple stencil cut from Vinyl using a plotter then sprayed with some high temp paint be sufficient?

Is there and high temp clear coat on the market that would stand up to the temps if one felt they really needed to go to that measure?

Or maybe some other sort of bake on material one could cut
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: how to add a custom logo to a kettle? Anyone done it?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 08:38:07 PM »
So I help gather raffle prizes and auction goods for a few local fundraisers.  And I was wondering what or how would be the best way to add a custom logo to a kettle much like the ones of days gone by most recently I remember seeing a Miller Lite one but there have been so many.

Would a Simple stencil cut from Vinyl using a plotter then sprayed with some high temp paint be sufficient?

Is there and high temp clear coat on the market that would stand up to the temps if one felt they really needed to go to that measure?

Or maybe some other sort of bake on material one could cut
not sure what other bake on things there are but in theory that would work. the logos are baked on from the factory with the normal enamle. for a cheaper but not going to last very long option high heat paint would work. alot of colored high heat paint will change to black after a while.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 06:07:09 AM »
bump this  thanks
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 08:03:22 AM »
Well I can up with plan B. I have a buddy who does plasma cutting and he can cut me a logo out of sheet metal then attach some studs to it and the screw it to the lid.

I'd rather have something flush but this is a good alternative