Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: An experiment, wrapped in bacon  (Read 1360 times)

effinUker

• WKC Brave
An experiment, wrapped in bacon
« on: November 15, 2015, 05:28:39 AM »
Ever since Meijer opened up here in my city, I've been obsessing over their shaved CAB beef in the meat case. I picked up a batch yesterday and thought I'd give something a try today.

Here's the prep work.

I seasoned the beef with my burger mix and my version of Mike Mills' Magic Dust recipe. Then I wrapped them ABT style with Meijer hardwood smoked bacon.

Later today while I'm wrapping up the yard for the season, I'll start the grill, and cook these at about 250-275 til the bacon is almost done. Will then hit them with a little Sticky Fingers Memphis Style for a few minutes.

I'll post after pix later on.

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: An experiment, wrapped in bacon
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:16:21 AM »
Perfect way to spend the weekend, playing with fire & food.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 08:52:55 AM »
I've got a pound of shaved beef in the freezer, so I am looking forward to to seeing your finished product.

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 01:09:19 PM »
I finally go them on the grill. Royal Oak charcoal, indirect with a couple oak chunks. It's burning at about 275. Sprinkled half of them with my rib rub.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 01:12:52 PM »
I don't see this recipe turning out as anything other than awewsome with the possibility of tweaking for even more awesomeness.  Can't wait to see the cooked pics!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 03:00:58 PM »
Here's the finished product. While they were pretty good, next time I would mix seasoning throughout the meat before wrapping it. It also needed a little moisture, so I may add finely chopped green pepper, onion and/or mushrooms. It was a success as an experiment, and definitely a jumping off point for my next go around.

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 04:43:24 PM »
Nice. I'm going to have to try this one sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 03:32:10 PM »
Wow, great creativity, and with bacon too!