Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some Steak, Taters and Shrooms  (Read 1378 times)

SixZeroFour

Some Steak, Taters and Shrooms
« on: November 10, 2015, 08:21:29 PM »
Super simple meal but oh so amazing!

First order of business was to coat the Nugget potatoes in EVOO. They were then mixed in with the Mushrooms in a medium sized foil pan. Give it a quick stir and then a good coating of Weber Steak and Chop Seasoning. (Not Shown - I really like this stuff on Potatoes!) Next I added in a healthy amount of butter slices (both regular and garlic) and a few giant Russian Garlic cloves. I've talked about this stuff before and seriously cant get enough...

Here are the two fat Alberta Prime tenderloin filets 8) These will sit in the tenderizing marinade for 15-20min before hitting the grill. Seems like overkill I know, but the flavour is unbelievable!

Sorry no shots on the kettle, but here it is hot off the grill!

and plated...

And finally here is the money shot! ;D

Picture that giant chunk of roasted garlic down below the potatoes there being stacked onto that juicy chunk of steak... Now imagine me with a gigantic, borderline sinister, grin on my face as I chew it let it dissolve in my mouth. I think I may have cried a little afterwards 8)

Have a good one Fella's!

Matt
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Re: Some Steak, Taters and Shrooms
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 11:33:13 PM »
That looks incredible Matt....

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 02:14:21 AM »
Is it bad that it is 6am in the morning here and I am craving steak? ;)

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 06:37:15 AM »
That looks fantastic! Whole plate looks perfect!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 07:42:34 AM »
That would do it for me, great cook!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 01:17:21 AM »
Those steaks look very prime.....the cook on them very good.........but no Kettles??? Not even one??? Aaaaahhhhh man.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 06:01:46 AM »
That steak looks amazing.  My neighbor brought me three racks of ribs to smoke for him on Sunday then disappeared for the duration of the cook.  He redeemed himself when he showed up with a tray of potates, onions, and peppers.  His potaties looked just like yours.  They almost popped in your mouth when you took a bite of them.  I need to start cooking more veggies, especially potatoes.  And I love mushrooms...I'm the only one who looks them, but I'm the cook so I need to start making some of these things that only I like.

Great cook!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 09:01:21 AM »
Cheers guys!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 02:12:42 PM »
Good cook. Did you place the steaks directly over the coals and then move into the taters and shrooms midway thru the cooking process?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 02:17:11 PM »
Looks like they are magical Canadian steaks that cook themselves when being moved from the foam packing tray to a disposable foil pan!  Unicorn tenderloins!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!