Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I'm in a pickle  (Read 4457 times)

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
I'm in a pickle
« on: November 06, 2015, 05:18:43 PM »
I'm having some work do on the yard and the workers hit my performer table and cracked it and also ripped the cover. The project manager called me today to talk about fixing it and hinted that they would just buy me a new one. The only catch is he said we need to damage the grill more before he takes a picture to send to the owners. So here's my problem. I know I can get a metal top, which would be an upgrade, and a new cover. Or smash my perfectly fine kettle to get a brand spankin new one. Little worried about my kettle karma taking a hit. Please help

Cochise

• WKC Brave
Re: I'm in a pickle
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 05:25:50 PM »
The new ones suck and that's just a flesh wound that gives it some more character....cost of doing business right. Give those guys a pass. Who knows some poor bastard might get canned if they send it to claims.
SMOKE THIS!!

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 05:39:15 PM »
@Cochise might be right. A few thick cut steaks & a fancy new Weber cover might be a good resolution to your quandary. Of course a nice new Copper Performer sounds good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
It's worse than in the picture. The table is basically folds it half when you push down on it. I'm going for the table and cover. Smashing a good kettle just doesn't sit well with me

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 05:53:12 PM »
"Honesty is the best policy" Why don't the project manager just buy you a new table and a new cover? Him suggesting we damage the grill more before sending the pictures to the owner shows he is not a trust worthy employee, and I would not want a person like that working on my property, let alone being an employee for me.

The guy that did the damage may get his pay cut or lose his job over this dishonest project manager.

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 06:04:31 PM »
I don't think he knows that replacement parts are readily available. Nobody knows who did it so I don't think jobs are at stake. This is a HUGE company and money probably isn't a big deal especially $150 to fix a bbq. The PM is on my shit list so his offer of a new bbq was probably a way to get back on my good side

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 06:59:27 PM »
How did they manage to wreck the table and cover?

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 07:27:48 PM »
The project manager is NOT a man of integrity !!!   You have sustained damage to valuable property as a result of carelessness (or accident, your choice).  You have emotional ties to THIS particular performer  ...  you simply want it the "way it was before your crew accidentally damaged the cover and table".                           SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »
I would just look up the cost of a new table and cover and have them cut you a check. Not that big of a deal. Better yet, just subtract it from the bill for the landscaping job.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 05:02:18 AM »
If you go the dishonest route, maybe you can severely damage only the table and frame, and remove the ash can and some other parts to make it look totaled.

But, I think Harleysmoker and AZMonsoon have it right. Determine the cost to make the grill whole again, and either get a check or deduct from your bill.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2015, 06:19:22 AM »
The karma police are always on duty
Let them replace the table and cover
Do the right thing!!!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2015, 06:56:07 AM »

"Honesty is the best policy" Why don't the project manager just buy you a new table and a new cover? Him suggesting we damage the grill more before sending the pictures to the owner shows he is not a trust worthy employee, and I would not want a person like that working on my property, let alone being an employee for me.

The guy that did the damage may get his pay cut or lose his job over this dishonest project manager.
exactly

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2015, 01:47:35 PM »
always take a check. never deduct from a final bill.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 02:23:12 PM »
I'd play this one straight and just show the boss the actual damage. Why not suggest that they replace the table with a new metal one and call it square ;)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2015, 02:30:25 PM »
I'd go for the replacement parts.  Upgrade to the granite top =)