Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: *Weber 2726 Fire Pit*  (Read 3927 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
*Weber 2726 Fire Pit*
« on: October 20, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »
...so, I picked up this old Weber Fire Pit this morning. It had been on CL for a few weeks, not listed as a Weber and from the pic it seemed to be in OK condition, so I threw a lowball at them and they swung at it.

Its missing the lower heat deflector, which I figured would be an easy fix, thinking an ash pan from a 22" OTS would fit it, but NOOOO!!

Don't know how deep I'll get into cleaning this up, after taking a look at my neighbors pit which they got on closeout at a local high end spa shop earlier this year, their wood handles are mildewing and the plated handles and bolts are starting to rust, and he keeps it covered when not in use.

So my inner redneck is starting to show when I stuck the stainless steel wash tub in it!

just sayin'

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: *Weber 2726 Fire Pit*
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 09:26:30 PM »
I resemble that remark.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:56:16 AM by Hell Fire Grill »
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2015, 08:31:20 AM »
@swamprb

Cool find and a fun project. I have an extra set of these...

If you'd like them for the restore pm me your address and I'll drop them in the mail. Coupled with some new SS hardware it should help clean things up a bit. Lmk.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2015, 04:57:02 PM »
@swamprb

Cool find and a fun project. I have an extra set of these...

If you'd like them for the restore pm me your address and I'll drop them in the mail. Coupled with some new SS hardware it should help clean things up a bit. Lmk.

Thanks for the offer! @SixZeroFour , but I used a wire wheel on them and may paint them RED! 
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 08:39:37 AM »
Good stuff, looking forward to seeing the results!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E