Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Master-Touch/Performer Ash Catcher Bars? - Won't be needing them anymore!**  (Read 3103 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Oh yeah! I wanna keep the old style ash can assembly too!

#7409 One Touch Ash Sweeps got you down??

Won't be stressing over looking for those either!

Here's what I'll be doing from now on. 3"x2" aluminum cut into 3 strips.

grind one end to a V and bend to fit under leg socket.

1/8" pop rivet through ash can holder

Install a new set of #7444 Sweeps

NEXT!

Movin' along now!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Nice DIY fix!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
That is an awesome little mod. I'll be stealing that idea👍
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Wow this is a great mod! I really hate how the old style MT ash catchers wobble around this looks like a great solution.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

swamprb

• WKC Performer
I'll likely be doing this on my Performer as well.

The pop rivets are aluminum and barely noticeable on the outside ring. The ring basically rests on the bottom of the bowl and the tabs hold it very tight with absolutely no wobble unlike the bar.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Yep that little gizmo blows that stupid bar all to shit. Good one!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
I am much cruder than my friend swamprd - I just hose-clamped the ash-ring to the leg-stubs.  A little more visible but not much.  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I broke off the part of the tabs that sticks into the leg mounts, drilled and pop riveted.  Love the 2015 Ash catcher. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Nice fix!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
@swamprb   VERY clever  ...  nice doing business with you!!!                             SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".