Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber performer  (Read 3304 times)

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
Weber performer
« on: September 13, 2015, 01:25:21 PM »
My local Walmart has 3 of them marked down to $249.00 each. They have been kept outside in the garden dept for a while and are showing some weathering. Fading and rust around the handles. 2 of them are missing the timers. My question is, are they worth it? I am wanting to buy my first Weber but kinda had my heart set on getting a blue, red, or copper one. You know, something the average guy hasn't got laying around. Any thoughts or advice?

Jeep

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber performer
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
Dont settle...get what you really want.  Life is just too short.
22 Performer - Black - AA ** 22 OTS - Black - Cajun Bandit - AD ** 22 MT - Burgundy - EO
18 OTS - Guinness - DZ **  SJG - Black - Turned into Mini WSM  ** SJS - Lime - AT (x2)

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 01:32:36 PM »
If you have your heart set on a color,  go get a color.  If there's nothing on Craigslist,  and you do not already have a weber,  just go to lowes or ace or amazon and get the color you want

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 01:34:01 PM »
Also,  there is a grass green and dark blue performer lid and bowl for sale in the Member Sales area.  You can always buy black and swap.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 01:22:03 AM »
Get the one from Walmart (see if they will come down any for missing parts/fading) call Weber and register the grill and tell them whats missing and maybe condition of the bowl/lid and see if they will swap out the bowl and lid and then ask if they can send you the color of your choice, the only thing they can say is no!

If Weber doesn't swap you for the color you want or not at all put a want to trade (WTT) ad in the Member Sales like Troy mentioned and see if someone will either swap with you or sell you a bowl and lid.

Just an FYI any Performer bowl and lid will work on any era cart so if you find an older Performer and the cart is trashed but the rest is solid you can go that route also!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:41:17 AM »
I think $249 is a little steep for what you are describing. See if you can talk them down and if not don't buy it. If you can talk them down go ahead and buy it. My guess is you will be adding more kettles (colors) anyway and we all need a black work horse. Black is beautiful.
May The Smoke Be With You!

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 09:10:44 AM »
Home Depot had some new in box a few months back for $249.00.  If the walmart ones are missing parts, I'd point it out the manager or whoever and see if they'd drop it even more.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Are they gas assist? I wouldn't pay $250 for them missing parts and showing rust from sitting out, even though steel wool may take the surface rust off.

If your not in a big hurry, watch your Craigslist, I picked up a black, gas assist with a broken table for $25. It cleaned up real nice, got a new table, and looks good.

I understand you want a color, but like said above, you can swap the kettle later on.

I have a green gas assist performer also, I bought for $125...if the black one showed up first, I probably would never had spent the money on the green.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:14:08 PM »
Thanks for the replies and input guys! Harleysmoker, they were not gas assist. As I am not in a hurry at all I will sit and watch to see if they decrease the price anymore. I'm in a small town and doubt they sell all three considering condition and time of year. Lots of good advice here, never thought about swapping kettles and such.

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
As mentioned above, Home Depot had non gas assist models new in box for $249.

If they have been sitting for awhile, and you really want one, get the manager and make him an offer, he would probably take it to move it out.

I have bought riding mowers before like this.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 05:25:52 PM »
Good advice! Thanks

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 05:33:05 PM »
Thanks for the replies and input guys! Harleysmoker, they were not gas assist. As I am not in a hurry at all I will sit and watch to see if they decrease the price anymore. I'm in a small town and doubt they sell all three considering condition and time of year. Lots of good advice here, never thought about swapping kettles and such.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/cb-green-blue-performer-kettles-ca/

Get yourself some color.
Still need a 22” yellow