Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is your workhorse?  (Read 26654 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
What is your workhorse?
« on: September 05, 2015, 03:24:52 PM »
This thread is to show off your workhorse grill, it does not have to be perfect, in fact it really shouldn't be.  Hoping @1buckie will show his.

Here is mine, after selling previous performers to make way for newer arrivals(at the time) I kept justifying it (not needing a performer.

About a month ago a Hunter Green Gen2 Performer became available and I fell in love again.  Grilling and BBQ was back to when I first started this some 5 years ago.

Shortly there after a CB Lime Performer became available so I made it mine.

Trying to justify the purchase of a new style table for it, I think it would look very nice.

So, here is my workhorse, what is yours?  Do you even have one?  Maybe you rotate between a stable of kettles???

« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 04:52:01 PM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: What is your workhorse?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 04:12:55 PM »
I do mostly indirect cooking, so I generally double fist it. I don't have much of a collection yet, but these will be my horses for some time.

99' three wheeler and OTP. Not sure of the age of the OTP. Lid and table were replaced by the original owner in 2001.
Still need a 22” yellow

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 04:30:50 PM »
I do mostly indirect cooking, so I generally double fist it. I don't have much of a collection yet, but these will be my horses for some time.

99' three wheeler and OTP. Not sure of the age of the OTP. Lid and table were replaced by the original owner in 2001.

That picture defines workhorse
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 04:53:45 PM »

Two grills deserve two beers.  Just sayin ;)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 05:09:12 PM »
Thanks guys.
Still need a 22” yellow

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 05:17:20 PM »
My workhorse is a black OTG and my 22 WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 05:18:22 PM »
I just realized that I don't have a picture of my latest primary cooker. I will remedy that soon.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 08:34:39 PM »
My 26" is my go to.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 09:14:46 PM »
Interesting that some folks have a few (one or two) & they work a lot but there's a favorite & even folks like Ron who now have a bunch of kettles still have a go-to or workhorse favorite.......

Lately I've been trying to get around to using different ones so they each get some time....

Some of the workers though are Lil' Red, really thick coating & holds heat great....

Bob for the long burn.....

......needs his vents cleaned & straightened..... ::)

I like the Beast........'62 Cadillac Fleetwood 

Who am I kidding? They all work...... 8)

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Santo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 09:21:50 PM »
Only have the 3 kettles but my first is the horse (for now), a black 22.5 OTG.  I bought her at full retail price before I found this place.  Here's a working shot before the WKC wood Zavs were put on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 11:20:34 PM »
Mine is the first Performer I acquired, the C&B Grass Green, she really is a trooper, always ready to help me look like I know what the hell I'm doing ;)

AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 11:29:11 PM »
buddy is my workhorse. I don't have any new pics of him in actions, so here is one of my personal favorite pics of him

Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 01:25:05 AM »
At the moment my green OTPlatinum is my workhorse but these 3 get LOTS of action. I've also been using my recently acquired 'Cado a lot.

drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2015, 06:29:39 AM »
My 26" is my go to.

That is a mean looking workhorse, I love the space on a 26" it truly is setup to cook an entire multicourse meal.

@1buckie I knew you would deliver when called upon, so you don't have a main cooker you bring new ones into the fold all the time.  I think @MrHoss is that way.

@Santo - I would like to see that cooker with some Zav handles, my first one was a store bought full priced kettle, then I found craigslist.

@mirkwood that table looks like it is in workhorse condition, curious if you considered getting a newer style table for it like me.

@mrbill - looks small but if she fits your needs that is all that matters.

@Scott Zee  - I like to use my red daisy wheeler on occasion but I like using a cooker with a OTG system for easy ash removal.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 06:37:56 AM by LightningBoldtz »

JDLones

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2015, 07:32:28 AM »
My 22.5" OTG. I paid full price for mine, too. Actually, I had a gift card from Lowe's so that helped. Ha!

Jonathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love the smell of wood smoke and cooking meat...
Weber OTG 22.5 and Jumbo Joe
Char-Broil Commercial Gasser