Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking for some help / ideas fella's!  (Read 1019 times)

SixZeroFour

Looking for some help / ideas fella's!
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:28:50 PM »
I've found a few great posts on beef back ribs but most are uncut on the complete rack. Can anyone offer some suggestions on how to best cook these babies?

I'm open to low n slow if it's worth the effort - any ideas appreciated!

Matt

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Cochise

• WKC Brave
Re: Looking for some help / ideas fella's!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 07:32:05 PM »
Braise in foil pan and make a sandwich with meat and au jus.
SMOKE THIS!!

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:22:13 AM »
Cooking time is going to be a bit shorter than a rack. Cooking time is hugely dependent on thickness, and individual ribs really aren't that much thinner than the whole rack, but they get cooked from 4 sides vs 2 in the rack. Sweet and fat go great together. They will need to reach at least 185 degrees Fahrenheit (and held there for 30 min) before they are ready. So much surface area for rub. Should get great flavor.

I would be prepared to throw the ribs in a covered foil pan or DO with a bit of liquid to tender up if needed but I would try to avoid if possible.

I'm sure you will come up with something great D)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 10:45:56 PM »
Best of the Ribs  ...  L&S Oak (or Hickory, my fav) Smoked Beef Ribs !!!    Temp 225°F, let em smoke until the color looks right (bark if you like it).   They're done at 203°F, don't use a Texas Crunch,  Watch the two thin ones, they'll be done earlier that the thick ones.   MeatHead claims that dry brining is the way to go, and no sweet rubs.   It's gonna take 5-6 hrs, maybe more.     You can always cook at a higher temp, but the trade-off is tenderness (at least that's what Elvis said: Try a Little Tenderness).                   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".