Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Inferno BBQ Gloves  (Read 2809 times)

hubmacfan

• Smokey Joe
Inferno BBQ Gloves
« on: July 06, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »
I received these gloves for Father's Day:

http://www.amazon.com/Insulated-Original-Barbecue-Grillware-Features/dp/B00OF8SQ22/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436196778&sr=8-1&keywords=inferno+gloves

I had requested some welding gloves similar to a pair I already had but the lining was wearing out in. However, my wish list was deviated from, and I'm glad it was.

These gloves have two layers, an outer layer, which I believe is more cosmetic and which contains what I believe is some silicone to enhance your grip. I don't know how well it does that since I haven't tried to pick up anything particularly slippery. I think the inner layer is where the real heat resistance is. I base that purely on appearance. Other similar gloves tend to be white-ish, as is the inner layer of these gloves.

I find that I have much more dexterity in these gloves than in the welding gloves that was on my wish list. I also find they have more heat resistance. I have quickly (and perhaps it was foolish to even try this) picked up a single ashed-over briquette that was stuck in my charcoal chimney and placed it on the grill. Never felt the heat. They cuff of the gloves comes up about 2-3 inches above my wrist onto my forearm, and provides me with plenty of protection.

The one gripe I have with these is that they are two layers. Unless you get a good grip on the glove's fingers as you're pulling them off, the liner will come out of the fingers of the glove. That has happened once to me, and it was pretty easy to put it back in place, but it's a slight annoyance to have to remember to pull them off a certain way. They are currently "on sale," but I believe I remember seeing them that price before Christmas too.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: Inferno BBQ Gloves
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:13:55 AM »
Cool review, thanks! The liners backing out could get annoying.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 10:44:36 AM »
'Ove Gloves are about the same......the inner liner will slip back unless you pull from the tipsd of the fingers.......

The material, I believe, is Nomex & Kevlar which are very high heat resistant........

The Ove Gloves will pick up orange coals for a reasonably brief time before you even feel it.......

Thanks for the rundown......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

vic

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 03:15:14 PM »
Looks like a Pit Mitt, but only more colorful