Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grails-Grails and More Grails  (Read 2523 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Grails-Grails and More Grails
« on: August 26, 2015, 06:25:05 AM »
  Is it just me or are more vintage kettles popping up then ever before ?  How many Wood Dales have surfaced in the last 30 days :). It's great to see , I'm enjoying every minute of it :)

Keep em coming

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SixZeroFour

Re: Grails-Grails and More Grails
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »
Definitely a streak of great finds this summer! As awareness grows I think/hope that the cool finds will continue. Eventually things will cool off but hopefully we hit a little bubble for awhile 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 10:07:15 AM »
And now we're easing into grill dump season with a lot of folks moving and dumping their old grills. Happens every fall when the weather changes, they move and that old charcoal relic aint good enough for the new place.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 10:19:45 AM »
Hopefully something will come up here, but I have not really found much since before summer. Glad someone is finding them ;)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 11:30:37 AM »
Hopefully something will come up here, but I have not really found much since before summer. Glad someone is finding them ;)

Same here. Just hoping for something blue.
Still need a 22” yellow

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:45:46 AM »
Its streaky.......last year I picked up 3 performers for under $75 each, a red 22, a red 26, an avacado 22, a yellow 22, an almost new black 22 Master touch, and a newer 26" OTG

This year.......nuthin.......except a nice solid Genesis Silver C for $50 that I rehabbed at the beginning of the summer.
-Keith

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2015, 05:53:02 AM »
Its streaky.......last year I picked up 3 performers for under $75 each, a red 22, a red 26, an avacado 22, a yellow 22, an almost new black 22 Master touch, and a newer 26" OTG

This year.......nuthin.......except a nice solid Genesis Silver C for $50 that I rehabbed at the beginning of the summer.

A red 26, an avocado and a yellow.. That's more luck than most people have in a lifetime!
Grill Finds go in streaks.. And with more people on the hunt, its a lot more challenging.
I always say for every one you miss, there's 3 more around the corner!  8)

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 05:41:19 PM »
Yup.....which is why I still check CL at least 2-3 times a day. Ya never know when/where the next awesome one will pop up.  For instance, the red 26er I got. I saw an ad with a pic for a red 22 for sale.  I let it sit for almost a week before I finally called the guy. When I stopped to pick it up, he pulled out a red 26er and apologized because he took pics of the wrong grill. I gladly accepted his apology.......and his grill. He also had the red 22 in the back of the shed. I took that one home too
-Keith