Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: **Hillbilly Lid holder and the Lazy K Redhead!**  (Read 1352 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
**Hillbilly Lid holder and the Lazy K Redhead!**
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:51:38 PM »
Just when you think you've seen and heard it all, I encountered this unknown to me lid hanger mod!

The guy said he would hang the lid over the side of the railing on his deck!

Always interested in any pit modification, I asked to see this unique contraption, but he said that was the reason he was selling the kettle, was because he had a new deck installed and he no longer needed it. I asked what he was going to replace this fine example of Pacific Northwet Redheadness with and he replied "nothing!, its too much work and I ain't got time for that!"

Well...OK...I took it apart and loaded it up, and he asked if I was interested in any accessories??? 
That was music to my ears and I said lets see whatcha got? 
I went soft as he proceeded to pull out vintage cans of charcoal lighter fluid, a rusty tool hanger, another rusty grate and 4 bags of Western Family Match Light briquettes and an electric starter - all for $20!! 

I faintly heard a banjo plucking on the other side of his property, declined this craptastic offer and said thanks seeya later!

I didn't pay too much attention at the time, but when I got this baby home, I noticed the date stamp -

The "Lazy K!"

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: **Hillbilly Lid holder and the Lazy K Redhead!**
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 08:30:45 PM »
That's genius!  Nice lazy K!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

effinUker

• WKC Brave
Re: **Hillbilly Lid holder and the Lazy K Redhead!**
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 04:13:51 AM »
That's the EZ-lay K, she already on her back.