Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pumpkin Pie Help  (Read 857 times)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Pumpkin Pie Help
« on: August 19, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
I've never had pumpkin pie but would love to try it after seeing some great pics online
Can anyone help me out with a great recipe? Most of the recipes online call for pumpkin in a can.
We don't have canned pumpkin over here so a recipe using fresh would be great also what type of pumpkin works best ?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 12:32:43 AM by Hogsy »
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Pumpkin Pie Help
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:04:18 AM »
Homemade pumpkin pie is a chore :) I tackled this project a few Thanksgivings ago . There are " pie " pumpkins grown here in the states ( sugar pumpkins) there smaller and sweeter then the jack o lantern variety . The pumpkins need to be cooked then scraped and the other ingredients added . Plus you then have to make pie crust !
http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/suzannes_old_fashioned_pumpkin_pie/

Was it the best ever , yes :) would I do it again ....NO

If you can't get the canned pumpkin  or can't find the pie pumpkins , look at sweet potato or yams :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: Pumpkin Pie Help
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 12:43:41 PM »
Thanks Ida for the explanation and the recipe. The sugar pumpkins you refer to are pretty uncommon over here but we do have Butternut squash or Butternut pumpkin as its referred to over here which looks like it might work. Might try to give it a go this weekend
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution