Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Snapshot to the past - An Original Wood Dale Instuction Sheet  (Read 2578 times)

SixZeroFour

Hey All,

Check out this scan of an original "Wood Dale" Era Instruction Sheet! 8)

It's printed front and back on a single piece of paper which is then folded vertically in thirds, similar to most older weber literature. I love the old line drawings and recipes!

Fella's - this is also a teaser of sorts as I not only hit Weber "Jackpot" once, but twice in the past few weeks. This insane luck streak has produced a couple very special kettles and a bunch of really sweet vintage accessories to share 8) I'm just finishing up the cleanup of the whole lot and hope to have at least some of it posted later tonight.

Seriously - I have a sterling silver Weber horseshoe up my... :o ;D :o Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:53:49 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

WNC

• WKC Performer
This is cool!
I'm a little startled to see that under the indirect section they say you can do it indoors!? I can just imagine some guy standing in his living room cooking a roast.

Troy

• Statesman
This is cool!
I'm a little startled to see that under the indirect section they say you can do it indoors!? I can just imagine some guy standing in his living room cooking a roast.

yeah household carbon monoxide poisoning wasn't really a widespread concern at the time

back then cigarettes were healthy still, right?

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
LIKE.
One of the charcoal people.

WNC

• WKC Performer
This is cool!

yeah household carbon monoxide poisoning wasn't really a widespread concern at the time

Wait cigarettes are unhealthy!?

Idahawk

• WKC Performer

This is cool!

Nothing like coming home from a hard day at the asbestos factory firing up a Pall Mall and smoking a turkey right in you living room:) those were the days :)

Great share @604 very cool :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Craig

• WKC Mod
Snapshot to the past - An Original Wood Dale Instuction Sheet (pics!)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 03:39:19 PM »
This is cool!

They used to advertise some brands of cigarettes back in the 50s that would "extinguish" if dropped on a mattress when smoking in bed should you happen to fall asleep during a smoke. [emoji50] As for the grilling indoors, that was a kind of a thing back then. There was another brand of charcoal grill that was wall mounted for indoor use. Ah the good ol days, when smoking was cool, roasting a chicken a la vermouth on the BAR B Q KETTLE in your living room was ok at martini fueled dinner parties in December.... [emoji7]
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:41:55 PM by Craig »

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Check this out = even older!  :o Can't say I've seen a WBMW assembly  instruction sheet before. (Then again, I haven't seen everything.) It even pre-dates the axle! Single bowl damper (it's NOT a vent!) And note the legs are screwed in at this point in time. Another page from this stash had the Chicago to Wood Dale address change penciled in at the bottom. So cool.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Wow! That is awesome. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to see what else you found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: Snapshot to the past - An Original Wood Dale Instuction Sheet (pics!)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 05:30:49 PM »
Part 2 - Roti's go way back!

For those here as old as me, the number at the bottom was a phone number. They always started with two alpha characters, followed by five numbers. Cool to know the original Weber phone number was RA6-2187. The "RA" could have been RAndolf or RAymond. My home phone number 53 years ago was CEdar5-3864. The alpha prefix related to the numbers on the corresponding phone digits. So CEdar5 would have been 235. RA6 would have been 726. Area codes would come later.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 05:40:53 PM by MartyG »

Cochise

• WKC Brave
Re: Snapshot to the past - An Original Wood Dale Instuction Sheet (pics!)
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »

This is cool!

Nothing like coming home from a hard day at the asbestos factory firing up a Pall Mall and smoking a turkey right in you living room:) those were the days :)

Great share @604 very cool :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@Idahawk LOLOL!!!
SMOKE THIS!!