Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Newbie looking for some advice on finding Kettles  (Read 4114 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Re: Newbie looking for some advice on finding Kettles
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2015, 07:35:11 PM »
@WNC is wise, and also a great guy. 

Check CL often, and be as ready as you can to move quick.  Be respectful when you respond, and if it's a fair price, then say so and tell the seller you'll pay cash if it looks as good as the photo.  And this might sound weird, but it's worked for me on several occasions:  give your phone number.  No one has ever called me, but several sellers have mentioned that it is a sign of legitimacy and honesty.  I'm pretty sure that by being respectful and straightforward, I've jumped the line on other buyers.  Once a seller responds, do your darndest to get over there as quick as possible.  And I promise:  your patience will eventually be rewarded. 

...if you could lay eyes on @WNC's sweet pair of reds, your hope would burn brightly!  Hang in there.
One of the charcoal people.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:34 PM »
As said above check CL often and it could be weeks or months before that one grill that you are wanting shows up. Two of my grills I bought brand new,the others off CL and only one of those would be considered a steal. And if you know which grills or colors peak your intrest you will be more attentive in your search. Now me I have no need for a ranch grill (I dont cook for an army) the 26" intrests me but only if I had bought that first,the portable grills are to tiny and the 18.5" grills don't interest me but I love my JJ it is my go to grill for myself and my girlfriend so you go figure. The 22" grill is like that old car your dad had and is now yours you can trick it out with the accessories and the different colors.I don't like the first gen performers,the second gen performers are turning the corner,now the third gens with the C&B grass green is pure perfection.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2015, 10:50:32 PM »
I like to check CL often, but using various notifiers is a lot more productive.   There are apps for your smart phone, web services that will auto search and send notifications, and CL will notify you as well.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2015, 01:21:05 AM »
All excellent advice …. You gotta be patient …

One other thing …. Don't mope and whine too much when you miss out on stuff …  ??? :P :P ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2015, 06:45:15 AM »
Thanks all for your advice.  Think I will prolly just buy a new Original 22 for the time being and keep ,y eyes plastered. Going to try to ride around some of these old farms out here and see if I can get lucky.   @WNC I am about 1 hour east of Raleigh and just not seeing much. Missed out on 2 Performers though so far for under 70 bucks.

:Going to try to ride around some of these old farms out here and see if I can get lucky."

You may very well be astounded at what's out there in the wild.....some of the most interesting & rare items around were located by doing just that.......... 8)

This one's famous:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/old-26-found/
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2015, 08:02:01 PM »
Make friends with UPS drivers in your area we see a lot of houses and yards.

Slicer021

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 02:01:47 PM »
Lol man didn't think about that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2015, 06:14:32 PM »
Buy a drone with a camera. ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"