Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Can't ya see I'm on, a losing streak...  (Read 2466 times)

charred

• WKC Performer
Can't ya see I'm on, a losing streak...
« on: July 27, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
I can't get no!

We post our great finds/scores, but how about the other side of the Weberitis coin?  :o

The past week:

-Missed a thumbscrew 'cado 22 ($30) by about an hour. Woulda been my first 'cado.

-A SJP, '90, first production yr. in great shape for $5, was sold out from under me. I was first in line, the owner said she'd be gone that weekend, agreed to hold it for me, 3 hrs later told me it was sold. Woulda been a nice bookend to my '06 last prod. year SJP.

Didn't check CL for about 24 hours and missed-

-1st gen. 14.5 WSM for $20. These things gotta be rare.

- free SSP w/ a smokenator.

"I must have did, somebody wrong".  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjhsLblrctI

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Can't ya see I'm on, a losing streak...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 06:42:46 AM »
Yep....I could not even begin to list all of the ones that slipped through my fingers..

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 06:47:21 AM »
Ya got the music right......I bet when you get hot again, it'll be boilin' !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:43:25 AM »
I had a Plainsman lined up a couple of years ago that I missed out on. That stung. Guy texted me back, said I was good, but it was a bit of a haul and it was mid-week so I was trying to get that straightened out. Took a couple of days and he sold it out.  Can't really blame him but man that woulda been sweet. I think it was $20. Maybe $25. It was also in your neck of the woods @charred, so who knows, maybe it will resurface someday.

How about this one to get you off the schneid? Brand new tripod wood handle SJ?  http://hartford.craigslist.org/hsh/5137450269.html
A little pricey for me at $50 but that's pretty rare at this point if you're into them as a looker or a trade piece.  Plus, its been up a while so maybe dude would deal.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 08:12:04 AM »
Missed a faded black MBH for $5, a few weeks ago. Emailed within an hr of posting. Never heard back. Left it listed for 3 days.
Still need a 22” yellow

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 08:21:46 AM »
@jkolantern - oh, the pain... thanks, I have seen that SJ. Also too pricey for me, especially since I found one last year, w/ box (not NIB), for less than half that.

@1buckie fyi, there's a hendrix stream on tunein...nothin' but jimi 24/7/365.  8)

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:38:50 PM »
I can't get no!

They are rare, and I just spent $100 to get my hands on one.

I feel your pain.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 05:47:43 PM »
I can't get no!

We post our great finds/scores, but how about the other side of the Weberitis coin?  :o

The past week:

-Missed a thumbscrew 'cado 22 ($30) by about an hour. Woulda been my first 'cado.

-A SJP, '90, first production yr. in great shape for $5, was sold out from under me. I was first in line, the owner said she'd be gone that weekend, agreed to hold it for me, 3 hrs later told me it was sold. Woulda been a nice bookend to my '06 last prod. year SJP.

- free SSP w/ a smokenator.

"I must have did, somebody wrong".  :'(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjhsLblrctI

I am across the sound on Long Island but I constantly check the Long Island and NY CL's.

I have often been tempted to cross the bridges into Westchester CT or Jersey but the cost of tolls and gas are deal breakers. I see a ton of deals on your side of the bridge so I'm sure something will come along.

Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:25 PM »
I missed two yellows this year I was so upset both times within 2 hours of being posted they were sold. Can't win them all I just tell my self it wasn't meant to be maybe next time. I did score a free grey in superb condition I should happy.