Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Copper Kettle Score  (Read 2217 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Copper Kettle Score
« on: July 16, 2015, 03:25:55 PM »
I'm a teacher and my family loves to travel.  This summer we went to Hawaii, then off to St. Louis for two weeks visiting my family, and after getting back from STL last night, I leave with a group of kids to go to Poland tomorrow.  It's been a whirlwind summer.  I had hoped to find a nice kettle while in STL, but instead, this little gem showed up in Las Vegas.  It's a 2014 One Touch Gold Copper Kettle (AH code).  I've really loved the new coppers (although I would trade it for a redhead ;) ;)).  Anyway this was listed for $50 on CL here in Vegas last week.  I asked the guy if he would hold on to it for me and he did.  After landing last night I went over to pick it up.  Nice guy, and he said he'd used it three times.  I believe it as the ash catcher hasn't been used (just a few ashes must have fallen in).  He didn't seem to know how to use the ash sweeps as he dumped the kettle over into a trash can to remove the charcoal that had been half used.  However, one side of the lid and bowl was COVERED in grease stains and drippings...I have no idea what happened there.  So after an hour of cleanup last night, I'm pleased to have a new copper out back.  Planning a first cook with it this evening before heading out tomorrow.

Overall, I really love the copper color and am thinking of setting this guy aside for smokes, while using the performer for my day to day grilling. 

Before: (I should have taken a better pic showing all the grease on one of the sides)

After:

The Family:

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Copper Kettle Score
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 05:28:21 PM »
Congrats on the score! Nice looking grills.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 05:43:31 PM »
@crowderjd
Too bad you didn't contact me while you were in STL - we could have chatted about transmutation of Lead and/or Copper into Red  8)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:57:58 PM by Red Kettle Rich »
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:45:34 PM »
I love those copper kettles, if I had room for another grill I would so get one.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 06:23:15 PM »
@Red Kettle Rich I'll keep that in mind when I'm back in STL at Thanksgiving! :)
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 08:22:57 PM »
Congrats. Love the copper and the blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 10:08:50 PM »
Great looking family, ain't it funny how they multiply? 
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 04:30:18 AM »
Love the coppers!
I'm kinda glad red kettle rich spoke up, because for a second I was sitting here thinking, " well I've got two reds and would love a copper." But my Reds were my first kettles and would be hard to let go...
Nice clean up too!